Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I gave the Trick Worm a good work out today..

Old 07-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I gave the Trick Worm a good work out today..

yep..actually this rig is made for surface fishing..The pro talked about skipping it on top of the water under docks etc..he also said many pros were winning tournaments before this secret {The Trick Worm} was made public..I wonder how many other secrets are out there??
because when you look at the results of the poundage between the pros and amatures .during Classics...there is a huge differnece..and the amatures that fish these classics are very good as well..
Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck, i like to run the hook all the way down to the middle of the worm and and then re-insert the hook way back still basically texas rigged but no weight, but i hardly ever fish it wack-rigged[&:], as far as fishing it slow, not me, i'll throw it out there and twitch it back to the boat just keeping it under the surface, i'll also use colors that i can see, white, yellow, chart, red, metholade, pink, and black, as soon as it disapears twitch it back close to the surface, it is a deadly tactic around spawning time, when you see that flash of a fish get ready, yea it is finese type tactic but being able to see the bait and the fish take the bait helps me enjoy this method, otherwise i don't consider myself much of a "finese fisherman"[&:]but this is so close to "top water" excitement how could you not enjoy it

now some of them other sissy tactics, drop-shoting, flukes, wacky rigged worms[:'(], i know they work but hard for me to dedicate myself to fishing a "no feel bait"[:@][&o]i know this is hard to believe but i'd rather be fishing a dd22 dredging the bottom
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, i like to run the hook all the way down to the middle of the worm and and then re-insert the hook way back still basically texas rigged but no weight, but i hardly ever fish it wack-rigged[&:], as far as fishing it slow, not me, i'll throw it out there and twitch it back to the boat just keeping it under the surface, i'll also use colors that i can see, white, yellow, chart, red, metholade, pink, and black, as soon as it disapears twitch it back close to the surface, it is a deadly tactic around spawning time, when you see that flash of a fish get ready, yea it is finese type tactic but being able to see the bait and the fish take the bait helps me enjoy this method, otherwise i don't consider myself much of a "finese fisherman"[&:]but this is so close to "top water" excitement how could you not enjoy it

now some of them other sissy tactics, drop-shoting, flukes, wacky rigged worms[:'(], i know they work but hard for me to dedicate myself to fishing a "no feel bait"[:@][&o]i know this is hard to believe but i'd rather be fishing a dd22 dredging the bottom

Always good to here what a pro has to say..

Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

That was almost personal [&:], That is two of my main ways of fishing, if you ddnt catch so many fish on a jig youd probably call it sissy too.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry oneshot, but if its any less of an insult i have had my butt handed to me several times* by guys fishing "finese" stuff[:-], i just can't/refuse to like it, even though i do fish it some, but only if i can't catch a fish any other way

*several times would be more times than i care to count[:-][&o]
Old 07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You run and gun with the flippin rod I imagine. I like the change of paces myself and it eats me up to fish so sloooooow, but I know what it produces. Trust me I would much rather be walkin the dog with my topwater than slowly bumping a weightless worm.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

You run and gun with the flippin rod I imagine.
Oneshot7

Now your speaking my language..that is my all time favorite way to bass fish..FLIP / PITCH
Old 07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i bring both rods