Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

some nice brown trout

Old 02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: some nice brown trout

This is ararity from my recollection that a certain main player on HNI has allowed a personal peak at his picture. The shades do hide his true identity. He is being very stealthy but we can figure out who he is. The girly hat has to go though big guy.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned

remington_girl Can you prove they're alive ?

OkieArcherlots of areas - Mtn Home is HEAVEN for fly fishing. http://ozarkanglers.com/forums/ go there for more info on how the flyfishing is

Champlain Islanderwe celebrated his 73rd birthday this weekend. The area we fished was 15 miles down from Gassvile - which was all but wiped out by an F2 tornado last week. That storm dumped a lot of rain in areas and the run off muddied the water, not good for trout. Also had a cold front coming in - we caught maybe 25 fish, biggest was a 16" trout, 2 nice small mouth and a bunch of the 14" fish

a G&F fish was dumping 3400 11" rainbows in when we got there maybe those will grow into big ones
Old 02-11-2008, 04:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Happy belated 73 Birthday to BD's dad from the Green Mountain state. Tell him that I have a good friend who ice fishes every day and fishes all summer every day and he is 85 years young. He says fishing is the fountain of youth and I believe him.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Banned

Dad is in better shape than most men in their 50's I think. He backpack elk hunted with me at 63,64 and 66 years old. Tough old man, but the years have weakened him a bit. A full days fishing wears him out now, better to only go for 4-5 hours

Not a good weekend for trout - this coming one would be ideal I think but I'm not going to be able to go. maybe the following one
Old 02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Believe it or not these are average fish from the Pulaski region of Lake Ontario.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

another

Old 02-12-2008, 05:56 PM

very nice brownI can only dream of catching one that size,,I did catch a 7lb rainbow on a flyrod ,,on a trip to WY.[&:]four years ago[:-]opps here I go again living in the past!!!!!!,great catch!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Been there and done that Charlie. Yup the fishery is pretty amazing. When I started to fish the Salmon River it was the late 1970's. Polaski had only a couple of places to stay and my first visit about 8 of us stayed in one room at the Log Cabin right in the center of town. I have fished all the rivers in the region except the Black. For some reason we never tried it. The lake fishing was fun but spring steelhead fishing on the river was my favorite. The salmon run was OK but it was kind of overkill. I even got to go down the river in a drift boat once. We put in at the school house pool and went down to a bridge just above town. It was great to fish the Douglaston run before it was pay to fish. Back then you just parked in the field and walked down and fished anywhere you wanted to.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Those sure are some really nice browns Charlie!

BD, CI, I used to take my next door nieghbor along with me until he reached 87 years young. He had a stroke the next fall and after that he ran steadily down hill. He died this past fall at the ripe age of 90. We shared alot of memories together of our hunting and fishing trips. No matter what he taught me alot about tracking down game. We both learned alot from each other fishing those lake trout together.. We had some friends come up on the lake during our last time outicefishing and video taped us along with a great dinner cooked outside..
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Memories to be sure. My fondest were of my old Uncle Tony who was the best fisherman I ever saw. He was content to fish in a mud puddle hoping there were fish in there. If he was fishing he was happy. In the end of his life he could no longer go by himself so I would pick him up and take him.

Quick Reply: some nice brown trout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.