Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

[Deleted]

Old 02-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-06-2003, 08:17 PM

Default RE: catchin crawdads?

I use a screen trap and bait it with fish heads and parts.I usually put my traps out at dusk and pick them up at daylight.

use the same recipe as for boil shrimp.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:22 PM

Well, I guess this is not a good way, but it is in expensive

We used to sit up on rocks with a piece of fishing line and either a safety pin or silver hook and drop it down by the rocks. The crawfish would clamp down and we would snatch it out of the water.

Then came out the aluminum foil, salt pepper and butter.
MMMMM Good.

Jim

Visit me on the Web...
http://www.huntinginga.com
Old 02-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Several years back we use a wire cage wiht a funnel that extended into the cage, bait it with perch,bacon whatever and the crawdads would climb around ont he thing and travel down the funnel into the cage then couldnt get out once in the cage.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:52 AM
Fork Horn

I catch them all the time only I catch them to use as bait not to eat myself. I have a big minnow net on a 5ft pole that I drag the bottom of some of the bar ditches we have around here and within 30 minutes I have more then enough to fish with.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Spike

We used to make some pretty simple traps when I was a kid. Take a 2 or 3 liter plastic soda bottle and cut out the top about 1/4 of the way down the bottle. Now simply reverse it to where the pour spout is inside the bottle. Secure it through the sides with some wire or string and punch a few small holes throughout the bottle. Put in your favorite bait, secure it to the bank (we tied it to a tree) and sink it to the bottom.
It works like a fish trap, the can get in but cant find their way out. Check back in a day or two, and take the top off to reach your catch. Works Great!!
Old 03-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

find a good spot for them and wear either shorts and tennis shoes or waders and get you a minnow seine we use " dads" here all the time and can usually get enough for a weekend fishin trip in about an hr. remember you don' t need rocky bottom for dads a mucky bottom usually holds many more look for the holes at the waters edge and as you walk up on the ditch you should see them scattering as you approach once you find a spot like that you can come back yr after yr and get plenty for fishin
Old 03-05-2003, 08:31 AM

We catch lots of them. We use some of the hanging baskets that you can hang fruit or potatoes in your kitchen. They come in a package of three at walmart. Take them apart and tie a string to the top of the chains. Tie a piece of chicken or bacon to the bottom of the basket. We drop it into the river off a low water bridge. Tie the baskets to the top of the bridge. When the crawfish start getting on the chicken it will start turning black or dark. When you can' t see the bait anymore pull the baskets up and put your catch in the ice chest.

As far as cooking them, simply buy some crab boil, new potatoes, corn, and sausage. Bring the water to a boil with the crab boil, add lemons, pepper potatoes, corn, and sausage. (They take a little longer to cook). Bring the water back to a boil. Add the crawfish (alive), boil until they are bright red and starting to break open at the tail. Take them out and put them into a styrofoam ice chest. Then you are ready to eat. Bon apetite!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:25 AM

I catch 40 to 50 sacks per day weighing an average of 40 pounds a piece in the summer time. I am in south louisiana though. I eat boiled crayfish about twice a week. You don' t use the same recipie as shrimp. Shrimp require less time than crawfish.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:05 PM

I have never ate them but my dad did at a sea food restaurant and really liked them. I have caught them with shovels and stuff though.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.