Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Old 01-26-2008, 04:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Phil.
Our county is the Meth capitol of the world..dead serious..6 of my 16 students' parentsare in jail over meth/ crank.

Of course there is the possibility of getting accused of sexual abuse. Trust me..I get to know that parent and child very good before he goes fishing.I don't take girls.Because of this..I may upgrade and get a longer boat..I'd loveto get a 14 -16 foot Aluma weld with a 15 -25 HP..This way I could take 2 kids..I have been checking the paper..As teachers we are COMMANDED to have a conference at least once a month. Dustin's mom is very sweet. She trust me.Dustin is a very good boy.He has never caught a fish.This will be fun.
I can't beleive this kid had a rap sheet a mile long last year..
He's been an angel for me. I may take 2 more .Chris has missed 22 days of school and is begging to go fishing..We may strike up a deal ...as well as Ryan. I've got a great rapport with all of these moms..

God bless and thanks for the encouragement..It's really a fun ministry..I'm simply using the gift God has given me..
Tight line,
C7
Old 02-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Dominant Buck

FALSE ALARM..

Matt and I fished our butts off this morning..Saw 3 beds total. . LOL, they are not spawning yet..probably a false report so the tackle shops can sell shiners. I got one bass from Saddle Creek and no hits at Fish Hook..so me and my son bowled 5 games..I ended up winning by 1 point.
Also, the ramp at Fish Hook is not too bad..A bigbass boat got in..
Old 02-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to here that Chuck, but at least you 2 got out there and enjoyed a nice day out..
Old 02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir we had a great time..We realized we needed to add some stuff to my tackle box..

1. A small adjustable wrench to tighten up his seat..
2.Forgot the wire cutters..couldn't break my Power Pro to change lures..
3. WE did find an awesome spawning spot for when they decide to spawn..REmember the picture of the lily pads..the bass were there but hard to get to.Well, Feb. and March there are only stalks..The pads will grow back in April..That area looks good. I got one from there on a red shad worm today..
Here's the spot.Saddle Creek

Old 02-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

throw some weedless frogs or hornytoads. they never fail
Old 02-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Childers,
Right now..those pads are not there {only dead stalks from last year's pads}..neither are the fish..THe fish are in the 14 -20 foot part suspened or in deep brush piles..I will check this area out though before the full moon..I did manage to get one buck there yesterday..It will also be a prime place for an MT Jig, Heddon Topwater, Strike King spinner bait, Minus 1., or Floating Rapala....and yet all of those are only second to a Texas rigged rubber worm presented with the right presentation..