Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

I beleive your right MT..last year Matt and I was a few weeks too late..I wish the HNI tourny was this Sat,.,but that's OK..I'm thrilled to see you and your wife on the tourny..

It will be tougher this year without shiners..Shiners, your guaranteed to get a hog every outing..Flipping they seemto catch me off guard,,hold on.MT....is that a hit???

Fish ON !!

Old 01-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

It will be tougher this year without shiners..Shiners, your guaranteed to get a hog every outing..Flipping they seemto catch me off guard
Those worms you sent me worked good for me up here, so I am sure you will be able to get a big one on.. Also up here folks have told me to use those pumkin seed lizards in the early part of the season..
Old 01-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Most fellows use dark colors..Our lakes are murky..
Black or grape ..I like real soft plastics..

I'm glad they worked for ya Phil..
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Chuck, this is one of the areas I hope to be fishing, if I can get my boat fixed.. I have covered some of these with my canoe but always to hard to fish where you want to because of wind. Big Lake here is just west of me, if I can put my boat in this year I could travel 10+ miles by water..

Old 01-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is just across from where I live and as you can see there is alot of water going by. This is great for salmon in the spring and white perch and smallmouths, and for those who want to fish for bluegills and yellow perch or chain pickeral this is tops.. This is just east of Big Lake and the water from Big Lake runs down threw here. To the South is Pokey Lake and one of the few lakes that have largemouths in it. So I am hoping to have my boat in the shop by spring so I canget a whole lot of fishing done.That little dark spot on the map here is about where I live up here..

Old 01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for sharing Phill..looks beautiful.I like the variety of fish you have up there.Fresh salmon must be great..I've never caught one..I wish we had the means to swap a trip..Monster bass for a salmon trip..I still may do some shiner fishing at Saddle Creek to get a 10 pounder..I will not record him for the tourny..only artificails for the tourny.

I also promiced my best male{3rd grader}student a bass trip sometime in Feb..Actually I was given4 tough boys by the principal this year.Most do not have dads. I said,"The boy who can behave until Feb. will go with me for a once in a life time bass fishing trip." I've done this for a while now.One boy has earned it..All his grades went from failing to passing and behavior is wonderful. He was scheduled to be in a special class with discipline kids.He no longer needs it. I'll take some pics when we go. His mom likes me and his dad is in jail. He will fish with shiners in the back while I bump a worm. I plan to give his mom a nice 8 x 10 picture of his best fish and take him out to Mc Donalds when were done..He's really pumped and the other boys wish they had made better choices.That trip will be on Fish Hook..
Old 01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is one of the coolest things ive ever heard. for me always being so polite and handy for my mothers retired friend, i got permission to hunt some of the best land around. i have seen 2 out of 3 biggest deer there
Old 01-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Neat man...I give alot of money out too.
Why??
1.These days..their grades keep me employed.

2. I figured if I was a mechanic I'd be buyin ga wrench now and then..So I spend money on incentives to do their best..Our fall scores were 2nd highest in the school..1st highest in my grade level..

3. Thereare tons of pressure on teachers that NO KID is Left Behind..not even mentally handicapped children. I currently have 2 mentally handicaped children and one non English speaking Spanish boy..
I feel that teachers make good money and they should work their butts off...I don't mind working..

The worst part..principals lose points { The feds give or take away points to fund us} when we suspend kids..Therefore; there is very little discipline in the schools.
a. Kids can cuss out teachers in the elementary grades.
b. kids can hit teachers if they are in special education.
c. Kids can refuseto work

my class has been blessed so far..no real problems..and they love learning. I show videos of the previous years of bass fishing to the kids..Today, I wrote a paragraph on crappie fishing.They had to write fact or opinion after each statement..Example..Today is a great day to go speck fishing. Most of the Florida lakes contain specks.

It's good to hear ya got a great place to hunt..I'm jealous.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks i think im going this weekend. it is the last weekend of archery. season closes thursday. yeah i have been doing more crappie fishing than bass fishing this winter. they are very pretty
Old 01-26-2008, 04:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

,"The boy who can behave until Feb. will go with me for a once in a life time bass fishing trip."
That sounds like a great thing to do for them..Stuff like that helps to make the world a better place to live in..

All his grades went from failing to passing and behavior is wonderful. He was scheduled to be in a special class with discipline kids.He no longer needs it. It sure sounds like it is working to me, unfortunatly not all will pick up on it. But, for everyone that does it should help make his life as well as his mom's life a little easier..dad is in jail. Hopefully he will not follow his dad's footsteps..

Keep up the good work my friend..

Quick Reply: Spawning is NOW for central Florida..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.