Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What is the wierdest???

Old 02-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the wierdest???

I' ve caught another lure through the eyelet where you tie the line to. What are the odds of hitting that?
And I once caught a fish that had a snelled hook sticking out of its mouth, where my spinner caught the loop, never touched the fish.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Weirdest thing I' ve caught would be a longnose gar. I didn' t know those things existed before I caught it. I' ve also caught turtles up. However my brother once got locked onto the telephone pole lines above him. So locked on they cut the line. That' d be a trippy way to go with catchin a dead body. eh. Might make me not want to go fishin for a while.

Brandan
Old 02-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

A mallard drake. People were throwing bread to the ducks and I was fly fishing with a white streamer...and I couldn' t strip fast enough... and just as I decided to pick up the line to get it away from him and cast to a different spot, he hit it. Took me about 10 minutes to get him in on a 4X tippet. The bread throwers were giving me the bigtime evil eye. [&:]

Old 02-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2003, 03:33 PM

Wierdest thing i cought was when i was like 6 years old, it was some guys wallet from a different state, it had 8 dollers and a credit card and drivers license. my dad brought it to the police station but noone claimed it. i got to keep the 8 dollers after i dried them out .
Old 02-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-23-2003, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last spring I was bobber fishing walleyes, my bobber went down and I put the best hook set ever (I am Sure). Insued a great battle, drag zipping, up and down...then I noticed what was on the line as it drew tired of the fight.....a greib[] (one of those diver birds, we call hell divers). It must have swam by and picked up the line & my world class hook set, drove home my gammie in its foot[:' (]. The fun part came triing to get it off, many scracths later it swam away and licked it' s wounds...as did I[X(]. I was so glad we were the only boat out that night, but my 2 buddies still howl and egg me for that one[&:].
Old 02-24-2003, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

i snaged a muscrat before. had a wally diver on off shore and just threw it out there. then i felt somthing biig so i set the hook. the muscrat took my drag fast and cam up to the water. after about 5 min of hard reeling he cam off. i am glad he came off because i wouldnt know how to get him off.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:26 PM

Was jig fishin at pymatuning lake for walleyes and felt something on the end of my line. Reeled it in and it was a 29inch dead walleye I snagged. Must of been floating on the bottom. Didnt catch any other fish that day.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Last summer I was salmon/steelhead fishing, hooked a steelhead, fought it for awhile, got it to shore and found out it never took my lure. It had beed hooked before by someone, and the hook and some line were still there and my lure hooked a loop in the old line. I removed all the old stuff and released it.

Quick Reply: What is the wierdest???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.