Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How'd your tournament season go?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 PM

Default How'd your tournament season go?

I was very pleased with the way my tournament season ended. This was my first year of tournament fishing and I finished 47th out of 180 some fellow co-anglers. My best tourney was a 12th place finish on Lake Conroe. I really enjoyed fishing the FLW-BFL Cowboy division and am planning on doing the same next year, as well as adding a team circuit on Lake Fork to what we fish.

How did you guys end your tourney season? Were you happy with the way it turned out?

What are you planning on doing next year?

Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How'd your tournament season go?

sounds like you had a fair year mine and the last few have been a little dismal, i have been planning on fishing more "next year" but we have a small farm and i have had some health issues this past season(improving BTW), and i am panning on going a few hours in the middle of the day toady, hopefully next years season will be better, BTW our first couple's tournament this year we had 17 ish pounds and spun a hub one the way back to weigh-in, 6$ part cost us 500[:@], i'm really looking forward to miday today, it'll be nice just to spend a little time on the water, hopefully a few fish will act decent..

i noticed you mentioned conroe, i used to live in spring and fished conroe 8 days a week[:-], spent most of my time north of the 1097 bridge, peach creek, and up river in the jungles..

well good luck i'm hoping i/we (me and the misses) get to fish a little more this year, the work is catching up and in general things are getting back to normal

BTW, catch a few of the texas toads and post some pic's, oh yea when i lived there my favorite lakes and i have fished them some since are rayburn, tbend, fork, but fayette was my favorite, year round warm water
Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How'd your tournament season go?

I finished 4th in the Florida Pier Anglers Kingfish tournament.