Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Got a cheap Eagle

Old 07-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Got a cheap Eagle

Well, I went out an bought a cheap 75.00 Eagle depth finder..I'll mount it on the boat tomorrow..Talk about simple...It is much easier to deal with than the Hummingbird. This time I kept the receipt and box.Also..she will be mounted on the back of the boat instead of the trolling motor.
I'lll let you all know how she works.

I got out the old Darton bow as well and shot a few..This aint too bad..but I need some more practice.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got a cheap Eagle

oh thats good that you are an archer. so am i
Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I just got it out of the house. I like those carbon arrows really well. I'm shooting an old Darton bow at 65 pounds.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is that one of those giant south america rats you arrowed( going south?) ?( kinda looks like one)

So yer going to keep the box& paperwork this time& put it on the boat- sounds good & i hope you have better luck then with the last one.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

These guy i mean- i guess some excaped in your state to?

USA: June 29, 2001

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.- Two capybaras, a large rodent species native to South America not unlike small pigs, are on the run from the Jacksonville Zoological Garden, a zoo spokesman said yesterday.

The juvenile male and female, born at the zoo about 11 months ago, swam through a hole in a chain-link fence that cuts across the pond in the zoo's South America exhibit, spokesman Craig Miller said.
The animals shared the habitat with their parents, two juvenile siblings, rheas, giant anteaters and guanacos, Miller said, adding it was the first time capybaras - who are considered exotic here - had fled the zoo.
The tailless capybara, a plant eater native to the rain forests, swamps and grassy plains of Central and South America, is the world's largest living rodent. It looks like a small pig and grows to the size of a large dog.
It has coarse, light brown hair, a thick head, a long snout, small ears and nose and partially webbed feet. It is raised on farms for its meat, hide and hair.

REUTERS NEWS SERVICE

Old 07-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

neat picture Mr. Fish...

I got my depth finder mounted properly this time ...I plan to try her out tomorrow morning. After I mounted it it wouldn't work..It took me about 15 minutes to trace the culpret..I had it plugged into a marine cigerette lighter..The lighter was bad...I hooked it direct.Works like a charm..

Thanks for the reply,
C7
Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

good deal man, i like to have sonar, for me a must have on open water, i also like to have a unit that gives me an idea of the bottom compisitions, the firmer surfaces always seem to be my best locations, mud and silted are the poorest
Old 07-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Dominant Buck

They even come in handy speck fihsing looking for deep brush piles.
C7

Old 07-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, fish finders are handy to find the bottom structure with. They also help out finding schools of fish but, they won't make em bite! LOL congrats!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm doing some experimenting tomorrow. I know crappie are a cold weather fish but I'm going crappie fishing..
Why..

1. I try to run my outboard at least once a month..my bass places are trolling motor only.

2. WIth my new transducer mount..I need to use a boat dock..instead of dragging itdown a the bank.

3.We only have one speck meal package left..

4. They are our favorite Florida freshwater tasting fish.

Aaron like channel cats ..so we may hook up with some of those as well.
So it's light tackle tomorrow using Missouri minnows. Sat. I promicedto take my neighbor trophy bass fishing at Fish Hook.

Have a great night fellows.
C7