Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Where are my bass?

Old 07-07-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Where are my bass?

I've just recently struck an interest in bass fishing, and i've been out a few times now with no luck. My real problem is at most i usually have 4 maybe 5 hours to go fish and the closest lake is nearly 2 hours away from my house. So what im limited to here is the river (cumberland if your familiar) , and the creeks that come off of it. There are 2 that i fish more often than others, and I have read and read about bass and what kind of habitat they need, and both of these places have several rock banks and grass beds and lots of visible cover. These creeks are around 15-20 foot in the channel close to the river, and they both back up to probably 2 foot of water in the end. My question is can I even catch a decent number ofbass at these places? My concern is notbig fish atm, i just want to be able to catch fish consistently. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks and good fishin. :-)

BTW-I fish with plastic worms mostly..(still practicing in the yard with the baitcaster)
Old 07-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Where are my bass?

First is there any bass in the river? If so have you looked for fallen trees, the other stuff you talked about sounds like good stuff for them. I can not speak about plastic worms as i do not use them.. But have you tried rapalas, daredevils, or any type of spinner or wobblers? Try casting a few of these out and see what happens. Also look for a little bit of current that flows by a pool of some sort.. Good Luck to you..