Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

finally

Old 07-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default finally

im finally going fishing today. so im gunna try to get some pix. me and my buddy wil probably be gone most of the day. and we almost always do good.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: finally

Good luck and have fun.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

well damn the fishing was horrible i saw nothing besides two birds and 1 baby turtle but no fish for any1
Old 07-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Did you enjoy getting out and away from it all? If your answer is yes, then what difference did it make? There is a lot of people wishing that they had the oppertunity to get out and try just that.. I feel getting out and enjoying it is the best that I can get, and catching anything is a bonus to end a nice day out.. If I get skunked no big deal, if I had a great day out away from it all..Fish can be funny sometimes, sometimes they bite and sometimes they don't, it is just the way it is... Alot of times when i am fishing I will think of the folks that can't and wished they could,. It might be a friend in the hospital, an old friend that is in a nursing home, or just the idea alot of folks in the cities that can only dream about it. You see there is alot to be greatfull about just getting out there!!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Did you enjoy getting out and away from it all? If your answer is yes, then what difference did it make? There is a lot of people wishing that they had the oppertunity to get out and try just that.. I feel getting out and enjoying it is the best that I can get, and catching anything is a bonus to end a nice day out.. Phil

Phil,
Very well said and that kind of maturity comes with age . I'm just starting to learn that and I am 53. Contentment and finding treasure in the little things is quite a treasure in itself. While fishing today I got joy out of hearing the bob white quail calling and seeing a pair of Brown Thrashers. A bull alligator gave Aaron and me quite a scare. We were in his territory and I was just about ready to pack up and go when he turned away. Hearing Aaron's drag screaming on the spin caster was a bonus.and chasing my Team Diawa after it left the boat was quite comical as well. I appreciate the lady at the bait store smiling and putting one more shiner in my bucket..That was a nice touch as well. Life is wonderful.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya but where i fish is just a messy and dirty neighborhood pond. nothing great and its pretty small sna shallow.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

I use to have a pond I fished at. We would kind of like tresspass but the farmer didn't seem to care. Once I caught a 14 " 2 pound bass out of there ..you would have thught I got the world record.

You kind of just make the best of your situation . I also lived by a creek. It was always visited by a neighborhood gang of drunks and perverts...so I would have to take the long way around to fish this creek. In the winter it was good for the northern white suckers. If I took home 3 that was a very successful day. A real battle was to hook into a 2 foot or longer American eel . Talk about a fight. Once in a while I would catch a smallmouth. My step dad never fished so I fished that creek for 17 years.

After I got my drivers license I beganto explore some other areas like the community ponds, trout streams and the rivers. I loved catching white perch during their spawn. I also would fight the European carp for the a thrill.

Now ..I happento live in Bass capitol of the world. I am not joking. But..I 'd trade it any day for a halfway decent deer hunting place.

If you lived near me Childers ..I'd take you fishing anyday.

C7
Old 07-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks ya where i hunt theres lots of smaller deer and like 2 or 3 big deer including does lol. btw post 1234. i think its a cool number
Old 07-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ya but where i fish is just a messy and dirty neighborhood pond. nothing great and its pretty small sna shallow.
Sorry about that i didn't know....[]I have always lived up here and grew up with a stream running right near my moms house..With lakes all around me now I sometimes need to be reminded as well...If you are ever up this way and want to try bass, perch, trout or salmon let me know..
Old 07-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ill never be there lol. besides im a western kinda guy. im moving to wyoming to hunt and fish for living and lifestyle

Quick Reply: finally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.