Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

finally

Old 07-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: finally

ORIGINAL: childers

ill never be there lol. besides im a western kinda guy. im moving to wyoming to hunt and fish for living and lifestyle
Well good luck to ya today , tommarrow & the next day fishing & whatever day you move to Wy let me know if i can be of some help.

Maine is pretty nice to.And they have a nice ocean.

( just a lill small, a lot of ppl per sq mile etc& to close to boston& nyc etc etc )

Im going to collect a reallarge tractor trailer full of empy water bottles & cash them in for there 5 cent deposits thereor maybe drive to Ca or HI instead.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

you'd waste all that money on the gas and come out of it with even less money than you started with lol but i want to move near teton national park. i have been there 3-4 times and fell ion love the first time. i love the fishing and hunting there and the town
Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

( just a lill small, a lot of ppl per sq mile etc& to close to boston& nyc etc etc )
What part of Maine have you seen Portland?? LOL I live in one of those big cities up here with about 500 people for a total population LOL

Yeah I am in a small state it is only about 10 hours to get to Boston from here and that is driving right along at about 75mph.. LOL
Old 07-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

What part of Maine have you seen Portland??Nope didnt see portland- didnt go into the southern part of the state-didnt even see bangor- bypassed that - wasnt looking for citys while there.LOL I live in one of those big cities up here with about 500 people for a total population LOL

(Dont know where ya live Phil- but a states overall population or there population denisity per sq mile are not taken in any onecity or towns center- its a overal figure for the whole state- number of persons+= states overall land area etc)
( sorry but thats how it works- geezya shouldnt take it personal)
Yeah I am in a small state it is only about 10 hours to get to Boston from here and that is driving right along at about 75mph.. LOL
So yer about 750 miles to boston then?

We turned back after fort kent- after a lovely(mostly took our time)trip thew the central*& northen part of the state- and as i said i thought it was nice & so was the ocean.

( now ask me how many liberals i think live within a 1,000 mile radius of portland or boston,nyc?)
Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

At the timewe took that trip to Maine it was a ( kinda sudden) long side trip while fishing in upstate ny( and looking at places there )( it was over 20+ yrs ago)- the reason wewhere there- was to look for a nice place to relocate to also ( expanding our search from ny to other nearby states). I would not have went there if i didnt think itwas nice or that itcouldnt fitour needs.I didnt go there by chance.( i knew where the less populated, & more urban(city& metro)areaswhere even back then( in the country as a whole) & even within a state such as maine& ny etc)

Obviously there are varitions etc within a state- that the states stats alone dont tell.

We expaned our search even further( now west)- some favorites where Ak, Mt, Co, Wy,Idaho, oregon etc etc.(pretty much the whole US was looked at)- back then we had no computer & local avalabledata& info was very limited.( a pc would have been great)

Ppl chose to relocatefor many reasons & many find reasons not to.
I know what some of mine where- they are still the same today.

It wasnt about money thatsfor sure( we lost a lot ofmoney moving& changing jobs etc)

It was about a better place for my family&ito live- a place with the least amount of ppl as possible & stillbeing able to still have a job.

A place with a lot of hunting& "public lands to use "& less ppl to share it with - a place where we could pay a whole lot less taxes then we had been for yrs.(anda fewother reasons to)

Well we lucked out - we came here sight unseen, knowing no one & never having been here. It worked out a- ok.

Now you will notice in this post or the others previous- not once did i suggest someone/anyone should move here( or did i suggest someone should notmove somewhere else) Because it is up to each person to decide for themselfs where theywill be & why.

I do think ppl should follow there dreams ^& where ever they may leed- i hope you find what your looking for.

(The below satt photo is of human created light in the continental US)
( the lighter & brighter = more lights= more ppls)

And As they use to say in the ol days" go west young man"
( if you chose to & that is what you want) but it may be dark out there- ( and could you have some of those ppl back thereturn down there lights a littlebefore you leave?thanks.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never told anyone where they should live either and I will never tell anyone that. To each his own my friend I have lived and grew up here. I have also seen some pics from friends that have been out your way. Snowmobiling and dog sled running. They had a great time of it for a visit no doubt. For most it wasn't for them but, each his own.. I agree though that up here in Me. there is not much in the line of work though.

I think your map of Me. is a little off but who knows. Maine was big on paper making and saw mills which has been closing down quite rapidly in the last few years.

I still enjoy the fishing and hunting we have here none the less..Most the land is privately owned up here by paper companies that allow you to use it. One company however charges a road user fee farther west from here. But, most is the same as long as it is respected it will stay that way for a while. The way I see though is as the paper companies go they will most likely sell off what they have for land.. Who knows though?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes that is one thing i didnt like there- that much of the land was owned by the paper companys- there is some land like that here- leased etc not in use by or for the ppl but coal companys etc( it creates jobs tho)

But about 50% or so of the state is public lands( both state& federal)- l that eave quite a bit left.

Yep it was big bust times when we moved here( lookin like ghost towns )- ( we are now retired)- it is big boom times now tho- they cant even find enough ppl to give very well paying jobs to here.

Yes lotsa ppl move here & then for some it isnt what they wanted ( or they want to change it to like it was back where they came from)

Now if it drops a bit the temps- like they there where in 89/90 etc - to minus -45- 48 degrees i think a few more ppl would leave also

Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

That map does look a little odd how the border lines are& where the the statesmeet the oceans etc

This one is from nasa i think & it a population denisity map of the us states
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=17439
( red representing population clusters )

Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think your map of Me. is a little off but who knows. Maine was big on paper making and saw mills which has been closing down quite rapidly in the last few years.
- i think the other one is up to date etc & clearer
( All orange& red coloron it represents populations of ppls- it looks about right to me)
The way I see though is as the paper companies go they will most likely sell off what they have for land.. Who knows though?
Hate to say it but i think if those paper companys get a chance to make some moneys they will i think- sell the land todevelopers etc whomever .

Then what- its gone? A lot harder to make all the public lands go poof-( maybe yer state can buy some?)

Just to give you a idea of the differences in federal lands alonebetween the2 states i will post some more picts( plus i just like to post picts, maps ,etc)

Plus you have to taken in& consider size of each state dont feel bad if yours is smaller -it means nothing much really) And its populations.

Me about 31,000 sq miles
Wy 97,000+ sq miles

Me,s federal lands

Old 07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wy,s( id have to find diffent maps for state owned lands involved)

Quick Reply: finally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.