Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I've Messed Up!!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I've Messed Up!!

I had hurt my knee some how about 3 weeks ago and just let it go thinking it would get better. Dumb move on my part... I have taken the wife fishing in my double ender a couple of evenings ago and she enjoyed it. She said now I know why you like it so much, because it is so peacefull out here..Then yesterday after a friend has been asking me for along time to take him in my small canoe into a stream he knew of. He said it was easy walking and only about a 1/4 mile in. Well I took him and it was rough going and about a mile in!! It looked like a nice stream but, no luck. A few real heavey rain shopwers came in and got us soaked and my camera all wet. My camera doesn't work right now so, I am hoping it drys out and will work then! By the time we got out and I got home my knee was so bad I could barely walk on it.Today I go see the doc and see if he can do anything...I have just started my vacation and what a way to spend it...[:@]Well I have to get going so I can get to my appointment!!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I've Messed Up!!

Sorry to hear that Phil,
I'll be praying for ya.
C7
Old 07-03-2007, 04:05 PM

Hate to hear that, hopefully it gets better soon so you dont too much fishing
Old 07-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, I went and saw the doc. Just before going into his office my knee made a big pop and did that ever hurt.. The doc thinks it may be gout by the way it had been coming on. But, sent me over for a x-ray so he could check to make sure what is going on. He gave 2 prescriptions, 1 to help get the swelling down and another for the pain.I clearly explained I did not want the pain pills asI had a bad bout with them years ago and didn't want it again. He said these are not like that and that I should take one for pain whenI go to bed to help me sleep..... He also said by getting that swelling down most of the pain if not all of it should go away.. I can only say I hope so..
Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always use OTC ibuprophen for pain and inflamation. Im not big on prescription pain pills either.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:15 PM

Not wanting to be prying but what pain med did he prescribe? (I'm a medical student) Also without having a history of gout its not that common for it to first present in your knee.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

cut back on the shellfish[:@][&o]

hope you heal up quickly
Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Spike

phil,hope you get better fast.if your doc prescribed an n-said(non steroidal anti-inflamatory) drug you should take it with something in your stomach,these things can wreck your stomach lining.not being a know it all,but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.....no i mean i am a nurse. and i have see this happen many times.if you are not sure what your med is feel free to pm me and i will tell you what i know about it.good luck,jim
Old 07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys and my knee appears to be getting better so thankfully it does not seem serious... But, my camera had to be sent out for repair.....