Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Thanks MTHands

Old 06-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Thanks MTHands

Brother Keith,
The jigs came today.I was only expecting 1 jig ...you went over board. I'll give them a good workout . I also won a bid on 100 V chunk trailor pumpknseed frog legs on ebay.

That shipping was expensive my friend. I'll be reinbursing you. I will fish those jigs hard.

Thanks a whole lot buddy,
Chuck7
Old 06-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thanks MTHands

no problem buddy, those are the smallest jigs i have made in years[:-], i am pouring a lot of 3/4 and 1oz stuff right now, even have a few guys asking for 1 1/4 oz for the heavy vegitation, i am going to call and try and get a mold made[:-][:@]...also, i went with a full skirt and cut them, i hope you catch a fish or two on them, let me know which color you likeand if you need some different weights(hint, hint) as i know i am pitching a 3/4 oz or bigger myself, with the matted vegitation. as far as the shipping, dont worry about it i have a business account and it all comes out in the end, besides that your money is no good here

hope you get your trailers, when i got home my wife asked, "who are these going too???" whoops, i had/have some plastic trailers i intended to send and left them in the shop[:@], right now i am mainly building big spinnerbaits and jigs( 3/4-1 oz spinner baits and jigs) and the plastics were not even on my mind[&:]. i'm not sure if i'll get them out this week or not, probably friday, thats the day i send out most of the stuff we ship. i was/am going ot send you some small v&m and yum trailers that i think would work good with those baits.

also, let me know if you like those weed gaurds, i have several people that prefer fiber weed guards, neither is a problem, but i switched several years ago and my hook up ratio seemed to improve, may just be in my head but i like them

happy late b-day, enjoy and catch a fishor two

keith

Old 06-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm lost for words MT. Thanks seems too cheap. I love the fiber weed guards. I'll let ya know howthe jigs do. The next week I plan to just fish those jigs...no other lures. The moon pjhase is supposed ot be good too., Saddle Creek is about 80% hydrilla.They will get a good workout. The crawdad colors look very nice. Everywhere I've read says..when ya feel a bite..set the hook. I'll be doing that. We have a big crayfish populatin here so jigs should be good. I've actually caught them and ate them .

I'll be going back to Lake Fish Hook in July.I've also told Matt he can take out my boat on Sat, and Sundays along with my digital camera..He's on his own from here out.

Let me know if you ever need anything.
C7
Old 06-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey MT... Check out the trailors I made..

The Red shad is the back end of a Zoom lizard and the 1/2 of a crayfish from a Bass Assassin .

Old 06-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

lookin good, now just put'em in a fishes mouth
Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

hey MT...note the black and blue jig. I cut the center tail off and only used the 2 claws and body with the black and blue. I fished a pressure place today so I wasn't expecting too many hits. Aaron was using shiners.

Aaron boated one bass that may have gone 2 pounds maybe..I didn't weigh it ...

I had one serious hit. I was casting the jig into 10 feet of THICK hydrilla and back over a rock bar..I felt the ting ting of the rocks..I wasn't sure if that was a bite or not..I lowered the rod tip ..and sure enough a fish was pulling the jig. I tried crossing his eyes. My medium heavy 7 footer doubled over so I knew it was a decent fish...and she came undone. About aother hour I movedto another rockbar..I felt something like a bluegill biting and that was it..I didn't want to strike out today so I tied on a chrome Rooster tail with a red hackle...fish on..7 incher

i had told Aaron when his 12th shiner was gone we would leave. I did have a very nice fish on there MT and will continue to jig.
God bless,
C7

.PSActually ,I had about 4 more ting tings out there in the deep part of the hydrilla..they may have been fish sucking it in and then spitting it out..I'm not sure. I'm kind of new at this. I was fishing it very slow though..from the 10:00 positionto the 11:00 position..very slow. There is really nothing in thick hydrilla to make a lure go ting ting so it was probably fish,

Old 06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

good deal man, hope they act right the rest of the week for you
Old 06-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cuck at any little ting ting try to break your rod man i had a hard time but alot of time they dont hold on to the jigs for very long so you gotta cross their eyes fast. I know you have them cat like reflexes man use well and catch a 12 lber
Old 06-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate it my friend. Today instead of fishing I did some converting on the 10 foot jon. My jon is a heavy duty jon so I got out the sides of the bench ...took out all the foam and put on hinged carpet door tops. This was I can store my life jackets and fire exringuisher and stuff and keep my boat from being cluttered. ..

I also remounted my trolling motor and added 4 inches to my bow.

I'll post a pic.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

MT...I'm getting the hang of them jigs. I found a great way to fish them...drifting back to the shoreline in deep water. I think I had another good one today.The honey do list obviously got post poned..
c7