Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

had my best day on a local sand pit

Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 PM

Default had my best day on a local sand pit

Today I went out with a couple of friends to celebrate school getting out on a local snad pit. We fished for a while trying all sorts of lures. Then my friend hooked a five pound bass on a countdaown rapala. So everyone put on some sort of minnow bait. In 10 min. one of my other friends hooks a 4 poundbass right next to shore. After that we caught a couple of small ones. Then i hooked a monster fish. At first we thought it was a bass but once we saw it we realized it was a huge walleye. It was a 27 incher and it was 7 pounds. That was my personal best. We let all the fish go.I live in Minnesota so a five pound bass is a very good fish especially for a 13 year old.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: had my best day on a local sand pit

Congrats...that is very exciting even for the south...our big ones are back playing hard to get .I boated 20 today..they were all small.