Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Coon in my boat

Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Coon in my boat

CI, this remind me of a practical joke i (well a friend of mine) pulled on a guy one time, i caught 3 ducks and put them in this guys livewell, well he goes thru livewell check the ducks go crazy, and there is duck poop and other poop all over his boat, made for a very exciteing blast offeverybody had a good laugh about it, my draw partner for the day was asking me "we are boat # such and such, why are we up here" he never put 2 & 2 together, my buddy just looked over and laughed with one of those "i'll get you back" looks. lucky for me we dont fish many tournaments together anymore

we are still friends, but one of these days i know he'll pay me back big time

BTW, please, please, please hook up your kill switch,i have picked up people that have been dumped minus the kill switch, and lost two friends a couple of years ago, at least hook it a belt loop or something,, please
Old 06-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am with mt we need some video of this

PS they love sardines on peanut butter
Old 06-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

So you relocated him...??...

If he'd given me THAT much trouble I'd have dropped him off the dock, trap and all, and waited to see how long hecould hold his breath.....[:@]....
Old 06-09-2007, 06:04 AM
Dominant Buck

BTW, please, please, please hook up your kill switch,i have picked up people that have been dumped minus the kill switch, and lost two friends a couple of years ago, at least hook it a belt loop or something,, please
Roger on that MT...Wilco

I didn't get him. Went down to the dock and the trap is still baited and the door is open. I left all the hatches open on the boat and took out all the tackle. He may have gone elsewhere. Today I'll get down with a flashlight and see if I can peer into the bow cavity. I hope he is gone. I trucked all the ones I caught the last couple of years Pygmy because I have a hard time killing anything other than wild game. I am a hunter not a killer of animals I don't plan to eat. In the previous cases all they did was raid some bird feeders and that isn't a capitol offense in Frank's court of law and I rule on this island. Getting into my boat is..... and when and if I catch him he is toast. The trap will go off the dock and the remains will end up in the landfill or up in the woods as yote food.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry CI... I misinterpererated one of your posts, when you told about altering the trap to keep it shut....

A couple of suggestions....If you have any trapper friends, you might enlist thier help...An appropriate sized conibear trap might do the trick, or a snare pole...Many trappers in my area now carry snare poles on a regular basis to release protected animals such as bobcats, fishers and bears that they sometimes catch unintentionally in thier fox and coyote sets...

Old 06-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

throw in some sardines my dads a profesional trapper and he catches them all the time.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Try and stick the marshmallows down with a little peanutbutter. They will have a hard time stealing them that way. Good Luck to you.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Since opening all the hatches on the boat the coon appears to have left for better digs. I placed the trap on the dock and it is still baited and set. I leave it there for a few more days until I am sure.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Ding Ding Ding..... update. I went down to the water this morning and I caught one right on the dock. I guess he was heading back to eat some more of my rubber lures. The old marshmellow got him and true to my prediction he took an eternal swim. Glad I put a piece of old plywood under the trap because what a mess. All rebaited and waiting for another.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go, CI... Hopefully he was the offending critter, but if not, you may have averted a future problem....

I like animals as much as the next guy, but there's a point when a little CONTROL is necessary... When they begin to be a PITA, it's time to cull a few of them...

Quick Reply: Coon in my boat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.