Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Question for Pygmy....

Old 06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Question for Pygmy....

Hi Pygmy, how did you enjoy your trip up to Maine? Have anyluck with the gobblers or whiteperch? I hope your trip was a pleasant one...

Let me know how you made out it would be good to here from ya!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for Pygmy....

Phil... I got home Saturday evening...

Did well on the gobblers...Both my partner and I tagged our birds within 3 days of hunting.....

The fishing was somewhat of a disappointment..

Fished The Kennebec twice for trout with flies and once on Wyman lake and caught.... NOTHING....

They were running water at frequent intervals to generate power and we never really hit things right...

We did, however see 3 moose and some beautiful country and had a great time...

I plan to return before the summer is out for a few days and perhaps I'll do better on the fishing then... In any case, I had a great visit to a beautiful state... Thanks for checking in with me...
Old 06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question for Pygmy....

Phil... I got home Saturday evening...

Did well on the gobblers...Both my partner and I tagged our birds within 3 days of hunting.....

I am glad you both did great on the birds....

The fishing was somewhat of a disappointment..

Fished The Kennebec twice for trout with flies and once on Wyman lake and caught.... NOTHING....

They were running water at frequent intervals to generate power and we never really hit things right...

I am sorry to here that, I normally will use streamers in a tail race to get a fish to bite.. As with the water constantly changing the streamers or nymphs appear to work better. Where I fish up here for landlocks the dam is very close to me and that water has mostly been way up so far this year. That is for electrical generation for the mill I work at. It is unique as we only need to stay 75 feet from the fishway due to international waters. Once in a while I will hit an atlantic and talk about a fight...Wow!

You folks saw 3 moose that is great I guess as we see them all the time.. A friends wife hit 2 last year and is scared of them ( even more now ) .. I am also glad you had a good visit and wish you some luck on your next one. I will try to travel down to the Augusta area this fall for the archery turkey hunt..