Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing Poll Question

Old 06-01-2007, 04:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Fishing Poll Question

You are casting a Texas Rig 6 " worm staight away from you at 20 yds,..you diffently feel a pick up from a fish.. You normally..

A. Let the fish run till the line is straight ..with all the slack out of the line your rod tip is low and toward the fish ..you set the hook at 75%.

B. Same as above but CROSS the fishes eyes at 100%.

C. As soon as you feel the pick up..CROSS THEIR EYES!!!

D. Push the button and let the fish swallow the hook..for a diffinent hook set although there is a huge chance you will kill the fish.

E. Other ...please explain.

I may make a graph of our results if we get enough data.. I choose A. and when shiner fishing I set the hook like I'm fishing for specks..I use a medium spinning rod and let the fish hook themselves.

A I
B
C
D
E

Old 06-01-2007, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fishing Poll Question

C.they don't have hands and i got a good idea of where the bait is, if i "miss" a few doing this i downsize to a 4" bait

ever watch the movie "bigmouth" they can inhale/exhale a bait quicker than you can blink an eye
Old 06-01-2007, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

ever watch the movie "bigmouth" they can inhale/exhale a bait quicker than you can blink an eye

Yes!!! I love that video.I'd like to buy it..It's a tough one to find.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

D. Push the button and let the fish swallow the hook..for a diffinent hook set although there is a huge chance you will kill the fish.

I have never fished with those plastic worms but, I would rather lose a few fish then to kill them if I was not interested in taking them home with me. I try to enjoy catching them on another day, or a least try to catch them again.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
If you don't want to kill the fish my friend than you don't push the button.D would not be your choice..pushing the button allows the fishto digest the worm getting the hook into his gut which usually results in a dead fish..You may want to choose another letter,
Old 06-01-2007, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah Chuck, I was just replying I wouldn't use D. for an option for me. As I do not or ever have used those plastic worms I couldn't answer any other one.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

E: When I feel a pick up or inhale I will quickly raise the rod tipto get rid of thesmall amount ofslack line that I have out, Feel that the fish still has the bait, reel down,and cross the fishes eyes as soon as possibe. IMO thereare no positive outcomesto letting them run with it.It 1. gives them longer to spit it out or 2. they swallow it and it may end their life.However, There are circumstances where I do let themhavea baitjust a tad bit longer. Such as frogs andwacky rigged worms.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:08 AM

I agree with goherd but the only time I will let them swim with a bait is when they are in structure and are swimming out of said structure. Then I will give them a second or 2 before I set the hook.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

You are casting a Texas Rig 6
other baits, like a topwater, i'll drop my rod tip when i see the line tightening i pull back the other way, another thing i'll do is if i'm getting bit and not connecting i'll check my bait (on plastics) the fish will tell you what they are doing, how/where they are grabbing the bait, also you can look at the lead for teeth marks and you'll know the fish had it in its mouth, but the hook just missed, andbody remember or still use tru-turn hooks, that had the "cam action" to get the hook going where it needed to be
Old 06-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do the same thing goherd does seems to work the best for me

Quick Reply: Fishing Poll Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.