Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Another gadget bites the dust..

Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Another gadget bites the dust..

Well, I went out to go fishing today.I was in 3 feet of water but my Hummingbird showed 575 foot and fish everywhere..After messin gwith it for 30 miutes I realized it was broke..but I had no receipt or box.[:@]

My faucet also broke in my kitchen and we had a flolod last night as our portable dishwasher was hooked to it. While I was in Walmart I told the lady about my depth finder. I told her I'd only had it for about 30 days..she said you tell them at the service deskto give you a refund..I couldn't beleive it.I drove home..put the parts in a plastic bag ..{I couildn't find the instruction book } I was seriously praying..all the time hearing MTHands.."Don't fall for the gimmicks'"..Anyway...I gota Walmart gift card for 219.00 .My wife will give me cash for it since we grocery shop there....plumbing is fixed too. Praisethe Lord!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another gadget bites the dust..

That was quick ( that it busted) Bu thatis great newsya got a refund on it without a recipt etc& all. ( sometimes they can be a real pain about that)( good to hear ya got your plumbing problem fixed to)

Last nite was my last day fishing here - its pouring rain now( had to fix a roof leak)- have to get pack up& head up to Ky for a bit- then home....

It aways feels realgood to get back home to Wyagain- tho i like visiting other places to.

See yall sometime in the future( i hope)

Take care yall& good luck, have fun fishing.

( glad you liked those pictures in the other thread C7 )
Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Mr. Fish,
The faucet had been on there for 17 years..a Peerless..She came off pretty good. We knew the O rings were leaking and forgot and left it hooked up last night.

I was shocked about the depth finder..She didn't act like she wanted to give me the money back..She made a stiff upper lip but refunded me anyhow..

I'm really happy for that..and I'm putting a stop on all this crazy spending..I've gone 4o some years without a depth finder..Why do I need one now.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:32 PM

A depth finder isn't a gimmick. If you want to ever do some serious off shore bass fishing a depth finder is a necessity to hone in on the spots that hold the bass. (sunken trees, ledges, dropoffs, humps, etc.) probably not that important since you seem to fish smaller channels but some of the borrow pits I fish up here nake it a necessity to catch anything other than little shore hugging bass!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i told ya to stay away from humminbird
Old 05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

A depth finder isn't a gimmick. If you want to ever do some serious off shore bass fishing a depth finder is a necessity to hone in on the spots that hold the bass. (sunken trees, ledges, dropoffs, humps, etc.) some of the borrow pits I fish up here nake it a necessity to catch anything other than little shore hugging bass!
Amen to that!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had my humminbird 565for about 3 months now and it has preformed for all I need it for.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep i agree,depth finders are not gimmicks, got to have one to fish open water, i can't imagine not having one[:-]
Old 05-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

and a gps up front and console for that matter
Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, we will see the final results on the tourny ..if it's just a gadget or not.

Quick Reply: Another gadget bites the dust..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.