Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Crankbaits

Old 05-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Crankbaits

I have heard a few times lately that i should be using Lucky Craft baits as they produce a louder rattle and have the ability to catch more fish... Then you get to the counter and you can get 3 of any other brand to 1 of these. What do you fellas use???
Old 05-19-2007, 02:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Crankbaits

Miles,,I've been fishing for bass for a long time..around 30 years seriously. I've taken them off of many lures...I will list all of the lures from best to least. I will only list artificial baits...

Rubber worms .........100s of bass ...dark colors any time of the year..pitching and flipping is best method. Today I plan to use the rubber worm..but with one slight variation...I'm using aBB split shot as the weight..The slow fall in deep water gets me a few extra bites at times..
There are many ways to fish rubber baits.
Favorite Colors....Red Shad , Black, Black/ blue, Black / chartruese green.
Christmas tree {Purple glitter} Grape Favorite brands...Zoom, Gambler , Bass Assassin ..I use mostly 6 inch worms with the lightest sinker I can get by with. Soft presentation. Carolina Rig and Texas rig are tops for me.

White Rooster Tail....100s of bass ...when they are feeding you will catch them all in that given area. They can also produce a reaction strike easier than some..also This lure must be fished correctly to produce strikes and boat fish. 3/8 th is the best size.
Mepps Comet or Black Fury ..about 30 on those 2 lures combined

Weedless White Spinner baits...about100 bass I prefer the Colorada blade or a single willow leaf..I fish this where I can't fish a Rooster Tail

Lipped Crank Bait ......about100 bass Bagley Shad, Rapala Countdown and Floating, Bomber A Fire Tiger, Normon Chrome , Rebel

Rattle Trap .......... about 100 best color for me..Chrome / smoke or Chrome / blue

Heddon Torpedo ,,,,about 30 I use this when I just want some fun ..early mornign or late evening lure.

Little George ..about 20

Devil's Horse ....1 [8D]

hope that helps,
C7

Old 05-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

i came by three of them and all i can say is wow! they work great. but you dont want these to go deeper than 8 feet. well i am saying i didnt like to fish them deep
Old 05-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Up here for Walleye and Pike, the Shad Rap rules. I have a couple boxes full.( Big Boxes )
Old 05-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

bandit, lucky craft, and diawa's version of the rattle trap are the only cranks i really throw.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh i thought you were talking about the jointed luickycrafts that cost like 22 bucks
Old 05-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

i really like the LC shallow stuff, but after that i can't prove to myself they work any better than other baits, one of my favorite CB's is bill norman in the dd22 and dd14, i fish the 14 in 12' and less of water and the dd22 in 12-15',digging the bottom, i have fished them and a manns 25+ in some 20' plus water, but for the most part fishing any deeper i'll use a carolina rig, drop shot, or spoon(dead of summer and dead of winter)
Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think the jointed luckys are some of the best lures personally but kinda delicate since they are jointed by wire
Old 05-20-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are nice baits but I too cant push myself to buy a 16 dollar lure. I do use mostly rapalas and smithwick baits though. I catch plenty of fish on them so in my mind with the sucess ive had with rapala and smithwick it doesnt justify buying a 16 dollar lucky craft. Ive been using rapalas X rap lure for awhile now too with good sucess if ya can show me a lure that rattles louder then an X rap bring it on!! try an X rap I bet you will like it better than a lucky strike also you can get 3 x raps for the price of one lucly craft.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:25 PM

Devil's Horse ....1
Funny you should list this bait... I have caught enough bass on it to completely wear out 3 of them! Ripped out hooks, split the Devil's horse right down the middle. I guess it is probably a regional thing but I have always done well with a devil's horse.

Quick Reply: Crankbaits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.