Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishin' Convienence

Old 05-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Fishin' Convienence

Ok, like I described (somewhat vaguely) in the tips and tricks thread that crashed and burned a while back, I have a nifty little system for us poor folks who have to fish from shore all the time. It involves a 5 gallon bucket, some PVC piping, some bolts, and caulk. Nothing fancy but sure makes life easy when fishing from the shore. So here are the pics. Most of themdont need any explainations, but if ya want I can tell ya what I know.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Fishin' Convienence

Here is another, with a bunch more to follow. (if someone can tell me how to post multiple pics at once that would be helpful!)

Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM

another...

Old 05-14-2007, 07:39 PM

here is one of our bell system. Its just a small cowbell, a downrigger clip, some wire and a springy strip of metal soldered (maybe welded)unto a screw of some kind

Old 05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

that my friend is sometrue redneck enginuity!!!!! All you need noware some can holders for your beer...
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

that my friend is sometrue redneck enginuity!!!!! All you need noware some can holders for your beer...
I'm workin on that one for my next bucket!!I have a new one that has one of those cushioned seats that swivels. I have this bucket pimped out to the max! I have a battery powered aerator on it already, the rod holders are in the works and I'm still trying to figure out where I want the can holder. I'll have to post pics of that one as I finish it up.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 PM

if the swivel seat is from a gander mountain you are going to regret it. I bought one of their seats and can't sit on it for more than 10 minutes without my butt feeling like it was drug through broken glass!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

if the swivel seat is from a gander mountain you are going to regret it. I bought one of their seats and can't sit on it for more than 10 minutes without my butt feeling like it was drug through broken glass!
I have no idea where it came from - it was a gift, but thanks for the warning!It doesn't seem too bad anyway. I'm not much for sittin down while fishin, so the seat is mainly for the girlfriend when she comes with me. I have several projects goin on at home right now, I have no idea when I will be able to finish this one. New fishing buckets and bells for Salmon-A-Rama, new speaker box/whole new car stereo setup, help redo front porch, help Dad with some new doors and trim.....just keeps gettin longer everytime I get back home it seems.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:17 PM

Now thats a nifty lookin thing you got goin on there. Just better make sure you have some weight in that bucket in case the wind is blowin or a monster hits your lineMy buddy has something like yours and he had just set up and forgot his lil sand bag he puts in it back at the truck so as he is goin to get it a big pike hammered his line and his bucket went over and that rod torpedoed right into the waterI dont think ive ever laughed as hard in my life.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:11 PM

the seat is mainly for the girlfriend when she comes with me
better make sure it is real comfortable then because fishing trips end when the lady is uncomfortable!

Quick Reply: Fishin' Convienence

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.