Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Whose gone fishing tomorrow..

Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Whose gone fishing tomorrow..

Hey fellows,

1. Are you going fishing tomorrow?

2. Any kind in particuliar.

I'm going at the place where I've been fishing. I need to give that chatter bait a try...and my new rod and reel.

I'll be fishing for bass
Old 04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whose gone fishing tomorrow..

tomarrow is opening day of trout season. i think ill stay in bed. actually im pretty sure ill stay in bed. opens at 8am. people been camping at their "spots" since early in the week...it will be butthole to belly button

if im feelin froggy i might get up at 7 and take a drive to post pics for you guys....most of you dont know what opening day of trout season means in PA! i might head out tomarrow evening to wet a line if it rains..that will thin out the crowd hopefully...we will see...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be fishing the PA trout opener tomorrow...

SURE ,there will be lots of guys out there, but it's a traditional thing with some of my buddies.. We don't keep any trout, but on a good day we'll catch trout numbering in the double figures, on flies at that..It's fun...

I enjoy fishing those remote, unfished streams too..I've been doing that here in NY and have caught some nice wild brown trout in the last two weeks....My best was just short of 20" and was caught on a stream where there were NO other boottracks than mine...

Tomorrow, I'll witness the spectacle of opening day of trout season in Potter County, PA, and hopefully catch a few trout in the process..
Old 04-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

im going for trout on my fly rod again. im only gunna be able to do a couple hours becuz of storms. did bass today but no luck
Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 PM

I tried out the chatter bait today actually... It was pretty cold so the bass weren't very active but I managed to catch 3 of them on a chatter bait. All weighed <1lb. Caught about 6 more on a combination of yamamoto grubs (spider grubs) and tomato worm colored plastic worms. The other 6 average about 2lbs.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sport fishing in Wisconsin doesn't start till May so I will be out in about 5 hours fishing for crappie!!! If the bite is slow then I will head over to Lake Michigan for Salmon & trout!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Dominant Buck

.most of you dont know what opening day of trout season means in PA!

LOL Probalbly similiar to opening day in Maryland. We were elbow to elbow. I turned to take my trout off and someone is in my spot...ticked me off. Then theres the work of keeping your rod tip from freezing up.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

Im going after some channels and bullheads. Supposed to rain all day but as long as I catch fish it will be just fine, other wise just a waste of gas and probably misserable.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol yep...thats pretty close chuck. im sorry to say i didnt get up to take pics. figured i rather just make the drive once. i kinda REALLY wanna fish later...just to wet a line. 3$ a gallon i dont like making 15mile trips for fun lol....

hopefully the rain settles in here quick...looks like its an hour or 2 away...am i wierd or what? hopeing for rain so i can go fsihin....
Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Dominant Buck

Well guys my day was great. I wished I had someone to share the fun with..With power pro I keep my drag pretty darn tight and I still had a few fish pull on that drag.I thought for sure my 4 3/4 bass was a good solid 6. She fought very hard for about 45 seconds.

Well, the spawn is diffently here.I saw lot's of big bass on the beds. I'll be fishing alot from here through the end of April. Monday is supposed to be a very good day if you fish by the moon.

Quick Reply: Whose gone fishing tomorrow..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.