Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing was ok today

Old 02-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Fishing was ok today

Buffdmac and I posted a couple on Josh's checkin. I really do apologize for the bloody fish.When you take the picture the window is black The fish was fine and the hook came out easy. The loser between me and Matt pays for the bowling today. I thought he had me. We each got 3 in the boat today. When we found a honey hole I got out of the boat and wormed a hydrilla spot. I love the Power Pro. My fish hit right in the hydrilla and I had to pull both..hydrilla and a 20" 4.4 bass out on the shore.
PS they are starting to spawn.We didn't go to Lake 5 .We tried out a new one..and we are fishing it tomorrow too.Also, we didn't speck fish.Matt wanted to bass fish.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fishing was ok today

hey chuck i have always heard the best thing to do is get them back in the water, i have heard there blood will clot then, not sure one way or the other but those things happen especially when the fish inhale a bait[:-][&o]

now for my day, first off didn't take the camera(its been rainy and storming)[], second off, didn't need it[:@][:-][&o], the biggest fish was around 3# i put him and a couple others on my board just to keep up with # of keepers caught (15" ers on guntersville), i ended up catchin 7 keepers and four short fish, today my best five might have weighed 12-13#, not to good, but it was fun, i did loose one that felt a little better on a trap, but he pitched the trap like nobodies bizness[:-][:@], even though i had replaced the hooks with some excaliburs, you can't walk by those things w/o getting stuck[:@], but for whatever reason fish can sure come unbuttoned[:@][:@][:@][:@], talk to a few of my buddies and the fishing was about the same, we all ended up doing about the same thing, trying to beat the high wind[:@][:@][:@][:@], on friend said he caught a 6.5, but that was there only good fish the rest were 13-17 inch fish and they only caught 8-9..

oh well always next time, hopefully the wind wont be blowing 20+ mph on i can fish some of my open water spots, hope everybody else is catching them and having fun

BTW, my fish were caught in 4-8ft with rayburn red trap and a rouge, surface temp i found some 50 degree water, it won't be long now
Old 02-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

hey chuck i have always heard the best thing to do is get them back in the water, Yeah, I hate hurting them.I caught a nice 2 pounder as well and I cut the hook out rather than take a chance and hurt the fish. i have heard there blood will clot then, not sure one way or the other but those things happen especially when the fish inhale a bait[:-][&o]

now for my day, first off didn't take the camera(its been rainy and storming)[], second off, didn't need it[:@][:-][&o], the biggest fish was around 3# i put him and a couple others on my board just to keep up with # of keepers caught (15" ers on guntersville), i ended up catchin 7 keepers and four short fish, today my best five might have weighed 12-13#, not to good, but it was fun, i did loose one that felt a little better on a trap, but he pitched the trap like nobodies bizness[:-][:@], even though i had replaced the hooks with some excaliburs, you can't walk by those things w/o getting stuck[:@], but for whatever reason fish can sure come unbuttoned[:@][:@][:@][:@], talk to a few of my buddies and the fishing was about the same, we all ended up doing about the same thing, trying to beat the high wind[:@][:@][:@][:@],yes sir ..we had the wind too...on friend said he caught a 6.5, but that was there only good fish the rest were 13-17 inch fish and they only caught 8-9.. I should have had 9 fish.worming is my weakness. MAtt should of had 6 . He was using a Culpret fire and ice. I like Red Shad real good.

oh well always next time, hopefully the wind wont be blowing 20+ mph on i can fish some of my open water spots, hope everybody else is catching them and having fun They are spawning here. All fish were caught on teh shoreline either near cat tails or beds in the hydrilla.

BTW, my fish were caught in 4-8ft with rayburn red trap and a rouge, This is a rattle trap right??surface temp i found some 50 degree water, it won't be long now Hey ..we need to see some pics. Please bring the camera the next time.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is a rattle trap... Hey ..we need to see some pics. Please bring the camera the next time.
yep rattle trap, camera, you got it i had the digital camera with me today as i walked out the door, even if i didn't catch fish i was going to take some lake pic's, but when i walked out and felt spitting rain and the WIND[:@], i decided to leave the pricey dig at the house, but it will be going with me this year, and the misses has already informed me that we will be fishing more this year, and you know what they say "what momma says goes"

its tough but i'll deal with it the best i can
Old 02-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey brother,
Keep me informed about the Kissimmee info..