Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Pike, Pike and more Pike + 1 Burbot

Old 01-31-2007, 02:19 PM

Default RE: Pike, Pike and more Pike + 1 Burbot

Nice one lethal!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a good size snake
Old 01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

You live in MN and fish walleye and have never caught a burbot? Alot of us call them Eel pout, ring any bells?

ORIGINAL: travisville

I've never caught a burbot but They are some sort of eel or something like that. Awesome northerns, I haven't had that kind of fishing since december.

AndLethal you actually fish those nasty (and I use nasy lightly) things. OMG I wont even touch them, I dont know how many I have left on the ice this winter![:'(]
I knew that they are also called eel pout I have just never caught one. I know almost everybody in minnesota has caught one, but the lakes I've fished have never had huge populations. I haven't caught a sauger, whitefish, muskie,or bullhead either. I specialize in northerns, perch, smallies, walleyes, bluegills, and crappies.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

You live in MN and fish walleye and have never caught a burbot? Alot of us call them Eel pout, ring any bells?

I've never caught a burbot but They are some sort of eel or something like that. Awesome northerns, I haven't had that kind of fishing since december.

AndLethal you actually fish those nasty (and I use nasy lightly) things. OMG I wont even touch them, I dont know how many I have left on the ice this winter![:'(]
I knew that they are also called eel pout I have just never caught one. I know almost everybody in minnesota has caught one, but the lakes I've fished have never had huge populations. I haven't caught a sauger, whitefish, muskie,or bullhead either. I specialize in northerns, perch, smallies, walleyes, bluegills, and crappies.
I think that burbot has to be thee best fresh water fish to eat, even better then walleye, you missing out on a good feast TeeJay as for handling them, not sure why you dont like too but just where a glove.

As for their name they also go by Ling Cod, either way they are ugly, but holy crap are they good to eat.

Me and a few of my buds are heading back out there and spending the night, so we can night fish for some big burbot and walleye, all night, will post some pics of my huge 40"+ pike that i catch as well.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Burbot are as good as it gets for fine food. Fresh water Cod. We catch a lot of them at night on Oahe.
OK I thinkthese arewhat we call cusk here, if so they are some good eating.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have ate them. I know all about them, you just tail them or you take the back loins also? Pout are not as good as Walleye,panfish orPike. Try again.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds good
Old 02-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection
I think that burbot has to be thee best fresh water fish to eat, even better then walleye, you missing out on a good feast TeeJay as for handling them, not sure why you dont like too but just where a glove.

As for their name they also go by Ling Cod, either way they are ugly, but holy crap are they good to eat.

Me and a few of my buds are heading back out there and spending the night, so we can night fish for some big burbot and walleye, all night, will post some pics of my huge 40"+ pike that i catch as well.
I agree, my mom makes a mean ling chowder Haven't caught any in a few years though