Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

muddler minnow

Old 01-14-2002, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default muddler minnow

ok....the muddler minnow...have you tied and fished with it witth diffrent color heads? my white bucktail didnt want to cooperate tonite...so i took it off...and tried some black from a body piece...the tail jsut didnt want to spin and i knew that body hair does great...after trimming it and everything...it looked pretty good...do you think it will catch fish? i really cant see y not..if its a minnow imitation..theres dark minnows...and this mite be pushing it...but what about olive?? your think that will work?? or waste of time? im thinking olive is pushin it to far..
thanx
mauser06
Old 01-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: muddler minnow

mauser.....
tying is only limited by your imagination, and catching is only limited by your confidence in what you tied.

If you think it will catch a fish.....it will catch a fish. You will fish it harder and better if you feel that it will work.

You are using common sense......minnows come in all shapes colors and sizes(especially Sculpins and Darters). There's no reason to think an olive Muddler won't work!! I can't tell you how many fish I've taken on Olive Wooly Buggers......What does that imitate!!??? Who the heck cares! It catches fish! You ever see Full dress Atlantic Salmon flies??.......

If you want to get really crazy with your Muddlers, add some flash and try some Marabou in the tail. You can even add brass "Coneheads" to give flash and action to your fly......The bass and trout won't make fun of them trust me!

Edited by - Matt / PA on 01/14/2002 21:49:35
Old 01-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: muddler minnow

thanx alot matt...i read them smae things on a site...and before i knew about all the diffrent patterns i used the materials i bought...and just did what i could think up...it is all you imagination...i gess that how all the patterns came about anyway...i will tie a few in black...and olive...and with bead heads...and some with matching marabou tails....see what works best...
thanks again..
mauser06