Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

How has this forum of friends changed your fishing this year?

Old 07-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Default How has this forum of friends changed your fishing this year?

Because of advice on this
forum or a friend , name some
changes you've made this year
in your fishing techniques.
1.I used a jig this year and caught
a bass. I like the ease it is to pitch
and plan to use it some during the
spawn next year.Thanks Josh and Mthands

2. Because ofOneshot7 I bought
some Power Pro. I just filled my best
reel with it and plan to fish with it alone
next week .Looks like good stuff.
I set the hook weaker than most so
I dont anticipate a broken rod.

3. Because of the tournament I
fish more. Pressure from Josh

4. A friend off the forum got me
fishing for crappies without a bobber
....I doubled my catches.
Thanks Larry friend

5. I tried different types of baitcasting
rods and caught fish as well.Thanks
for the Ugly Stick rods Rebel Hog

6. To remember that spending time
with family and friends is more important
than catching fish. Phil from Maine
Also applied this to playing tennis. When
Ifixed myself on relaxing and enjoying
the fellowship..it actually enhanced my game.
Took the stress off of worrying about making mistakes.

7. To use Carolina rig more than
Texas Rig Chris Granger Friend

PS I already know about setting the
drag. LOL Below is the solo bass I caught
when pitching a 1/4 ounce black and blue jig.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How has this forum of friends changed your fishing this year?

For me I have come to realize how we all share the same ideas
in such different ways. As here most of my fishing is for cold
water fish and fish for them differently. But, you all gave me some
different ideas on how to fish the bass up here. However the biggest gift
for me is how we are worlds apart and can get the chance to relax
and enjoy the great outdoors with a different perspective. The
ones that say I am lucky to be doing what I like doing the best today.
When I used to think it was just normal to go out fishing and try to
brag about how well I did today or how awfull it was today because
those fish were not biting. But, I knew they should of. Never did I give it
a second thought of how gratefull I was just to be getting out and doing.
And for that I thank you all.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:33 AM

Because of Chuck 7 I found a great trolling motor! also I had great success with trout fishing. that guy helped me out this season, and so did others more then most people would think. This was my first year fishing full out. I have no one to teach me cept the people on here, and maybe someone once ina while, Im doing it on my own and this season so far has be grreaaaaaaaat.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

theydidnt because i never got to fish for bass[&o]
Old 07-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey..if it was up to me I'd walleye and trout fish. I can only fish for what's available....and that is BASS. We got the bass here in central Florida..hold on .... Was thata hit...[8D]Darn just missed one.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:17 PM

I'm pretty new here so I ain't changed much. But I'd like to sneak into Chucks honey hole. Man you get some good bass!!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

1 thing, but its a big deal

always treasure the time you have with your friends and others, you never know when they (or yourself) will be taken from each other

taken from another forum, but fishing related

keith, remember, take a kid fishing, or someone else you love

this was posted by mobowhuntr (in the offseason forum)

its only normal and appropriate that we remember those that were close to us that we've lost. I had some concern with posting this that it may be looked upon as innappropriate, but after much thought and counsel I think it's a good idea. I am going to TRY to keep this short, but I have sooooo much to say, it could take pages and pages.

If you want to, please don't be afraid to post photos and stories ofyour own. If you don't want to, that's ok too. Here's my story.

Three weeks ago today, while fishing with my best friend Darrell, he suffered a massive heart attack and passed away right there on the spot. This photo was taken in that exact place, almost 1 year ago to the day. Darrell was nearly 30 years my senior and I viewed him as a second father. I met Darrell at work nearly 4 years ago. He and I hit it off right away. We both have a love for the outdoors, and before long we were somewhere catching crappie. His sense of humor had me in tears so often I can't even imagine. We always made bird calls and such at work, and the people we work with often told us it sounded like Wild Kingdom back there. We also did a lot of bow hunting together and took many trips hunting and camping somewhere. He shot a Champion bow, and I can't even begin to tell you how much trouble we gave each other about our choices in equipment. I razzed him continually about Champion being such a great bow that they went out of business. He always just laughed and said "If you shoot as good as I do, you could kill something even with that piece of S#$% Hoyt bow of yours!!!"

Darrell was a mentor to me in many ways. He tought me so much about deer hunting, fishing and gardening, I can only hope to remember half of it. I was out starting my garden today, and could hear him in the background......."Hey, I've already got onions and potatoes up.......little late aren't ya?!!" I just smile. Darrell was the kind of guy that showed affection by teasing. The more he picked on you the more he liked you. Man, he sure did like me a lot I suppose!

I am an EMT so for a few days I really felt responsible for his death, well, let me say for not saving him. But I have come to terms with this, KNOWING I did everything that could have been done, and I did it right. That's helped me alot. I've had thoughts of fishing since then, and I know he would want me too, but I just can't bring myself to do it just yet. It's an absolutely gorgeous day here today, and there is nothing I would rather be doing than sharing a pond bank with Darrell. I look at the trees beginning to green, dogwoods coming into bloom and can't help but think how much he would love to be doing the same. I've lost my best friend and teacher, and to be honest........I have NO idea what to do now. I miss him more than I can even express here. Pardon me.....I am bawling my eyes out as I type this.....I'll be back in a minute....

OK, sorry. I want to leave with this. This is an excerpt from a poem his wife sent to me laminated with his obituary on the opposite side.

".........Just forget if you can that I ever frowned, and remember only the smile. Remember some good that I've done, Forget that I ever had a heartache And remember I've had loads of fun.............Then forget to grieve for my going and I would not have you sad for one more day. But in summer just gather some flowers and remember the place where I lay.........Stand for a few moments beside me and remember only my best....."

Oh my God do I miss him. Darrell my friend, I will never ever forget you. Thank you so much for being my friend!!!

It amazes me that friends can be made in this capacity. I have never laid eyes on any of you, nor spoke verbally to very many, but it's true. Friends are friends and it just don't matter how we come to be. Thank you all very much. I'm gonna go drink some beer and try to dry my eyes.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Awesome story Keith...I really have not had a friend like you speak of. My closest friends are the onesI have right here on line. My very best friend is my wife and if something should happen to her they better put me in a straight jacket.
c7
Old 07-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey chuck that was posted by mobowhuntr in the off season, too me it dosen't matter if it is friend or family we should always let them know how we feel, i don't know the guy in the story and only know mobow from here, but it is a very touching story and a little reminder of how time can get away from us all

take care buddy, keith

PS way to go on the 6#er, that power pro is the stuff for tough cover,
Old 07-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Keith,
I hope ya got my PM ....[8D]Sorry for the mess up . the story even had me in tears. I didn't think you were an EMT.What kind of work do you do Keith?
c7

Quick Reply: How has this forum of friends changed your fishing this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.