Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Smallmouth + Largemouth

Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Smallmouth

Thanks guys - I would have to say this fish was in the neighborhood of 15-18 inches - a definte 15 for sure - I did not measure the fish - wish I would have but it is a good smallie - caught on Lake Bellaire in Northern Michigan - Very clear water 10 feet to the bottom - drifting in the wind with a tube in about 20-25 foot of water - quess - no trolling motor or depth finder just watching the other fisherman -first time on the lake - I would like to do some serious fishing on that fishery!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Smallmouth + Largemouth

Caught Tuesday Night!

Old 07-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

good fish and nice pic

3?'s though

are you fishing wearing a golf shirt
is that a lowrance in dash lcd, if yes what model and do you like it, i've got an x70 up frontand a lms350a w/gps on a gimble mount, and a indash flasherare the lights on in the boat, i was just noticing the nice gauges, they look "lit", are the white background,

whoops[:-], i lied, 4 questions, do you fish kentucky or barkley much
Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice! Thanks for sharing BD.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, M.T.Hands - That is a tee-golf shirt - tournament that I participated in last year! That is a Lowerance in dash X22A - I have a Humminbird Wide 100 up front - I'm not into the GPS tech yet - The guages are white with Red light background and yes I fish Barkley mostly - I would like to fish Kentucky more often but do not know the lake as well! I like the in dash Lowerance that I have - it is a very simple model and does the job that I need for it to do - I know there are other high-tec models on the market but money would be an issue!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

bird, i've got an x70 up front and the thing is a real pain in 12' of water and less with grass, the auto senseitvity will not set, lowrance said it was because of the power of the unit/transducer, for 80% of my fishing i believe i would rather have a flasher in the grass, to get an accurate bottom depth and composition reading[&o], oh well just like to hear what others have and like, the gps deal is pretty good, but i have always triangulated off shore spots anyway and never really had that much trouble finding them, gps has really opened the door on "community holes"[:@], with a lot of maps comming with gps cords, well keep catchin'em man, the reason i ask about kentucky and barkley is i always like to keep contacts of different lakes on hand, BTW i live 3.5 miles from guntersville, if you ever need a "heads up"
Old 07-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Dominant Buck

i live 3.5 miles from guntersville, if you ever need a "heads up"
MTHands.

Hey Keith..you aiont too far out of my way to Struts. I go alonf I 20 from Atlanta anyhow. I was hoping you lived round Dothan but you are north Alabama.
C7
Old 07-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Keith..you aiont too far out of my way to Struts. I go alonf I 20 from Atlanta anyhow. I was hoping you lived round Dothan but you are north Alabama.
north-east corner of the state, little town called grant (pop 630) midway of guntersville and scottsboro, some of the best largemouth fishing in the country, and world famous pickwick (smallmouths) is about 2.5 hours away, great place to live, if you have a route carrying you anywhere near chattanooga out of atlanta i'm only about 1 hour from there, can provide a night of comfort for a weary travlerbring it on
Old 07-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

- My boat is in storage about 2 minutes from the lake - We live 10 minutes from Barkley - I keep up with some of the pros and areas they fish - Nice tournament on ESPN from Kentucky Lake - like I said, I sure would like to catch some smallmouth - just not familiar with the water at Kentucky Lake - I should be, living this close to that Lake - At Barkley - we are getting a few more smallies - I know a guy that caught a 6 pounder a week ago - that is a big smallie for Barkley!I went north about 3 weeks ago - fishedLake Bellaire - When I asked the local guy at theMarina about smallmouth - he avoided the question and talked about Walleye - They look at smallmouth like we would look at a drum - could not believe it - Oh well! I will post other pics if I am lucky enought! Oh - we don't have the grass problems - not yet? I appreciate the heads up - you too if your ever in this area!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

can provide a night of comfort for a weary travlerbring it on

Keith Smith

Sounds great....we will see what God does brother. Would you have room for me to transfer my venison to a freezer for the one night.I plan to have a medium sized cooler of venison with me.
C7