Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

BASS tourney on Champlain July 13-16

Old 07-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Default BASS tourney on Champlain July 13-16

The pro's are on the water and have been practicing for the tourney starting Thurs. The bass are deeper now so I am not seeing the pros fishing around my place but they are blasting by at warp speed.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BASS tourney on Champlain July 13-16

what is the surface temp now, it'll change some things but it'll still be amazing what some will bring to the scales, i know several of them guys are really good on the brown fish, should be interesting, here it is so hot you better have your fish early, or hope that TVA is moving some water (generateing power, which they rarely do on w/e's), if not your in for some dead fishin[&o].
Old 07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Temp is 70 at my dock Keith but the water is still really high. Most of the brown bass have gone out to the humps and rock piles off the points near deeper water. No water generation on this lake (natural lake). Some of the feeder rivers do have small scale hydro but that doesn't really impact the lake. When the FLW was here the lake was crawling with pro boats for 2 weeks. The B.A.S.S. event starts Thursday and I see a few periodically all day but nothing like the FLW. The launch is out of Plattsburg NY same as the FLW tourand I can go by boat and make it in about 20 minutes. If it is calm I'll shoot over to see if I can snap a photo of KVD in his boat. I met him a few years ago at the weigh in and he lost out on Angler of the year by his showing at this tourney on Champlain. He was disappointed but a real gentleman. I think IKE will be here too but I don't care for his antics. Good fisherman but not much of a roll model for the kids.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

kvd is a fishin machine, ike is a heck of a fisherman, i'm with you on the way he acts/conducts himself, not sure if kim stricker is still fishing BASS, but he used to be bad news on the brownies[:-], another one to watch would be lee bailey, i still say it is unreal what the pros like of kvd, denny brauer, larry nixon, clunn and the likes can put together for 3-5 days in a row, enjoy it man, BTW your pictures of the flw were great