Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

smallmouth

Old 06-15-2006, 07:15 PM

Default smallmouth

is smallmouth bass in south carolina i heard of them in lake hartwell but i dont kno so give me some help plz

Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: smallmouth

not sure about hartwell but there are smallies in south carolina,i might be able to point you in the direction of some smallies in a pm if your interested,

Studying smallmouth bass range
By Hal Schramm
BASS Times, Nov. 2004
[/align]

When discussions turn to smallmouth bass habitat, mental images abound. Some anglers might envision deep, rocky impoundments like Roosevelt or Apache lakes in central Arizona. Others might envision small streams in Missouri or Oklahoma. Still others might dream of remote locations in the northern United States and Canada, where winters arrive early and smallmouth numbers boggle the imagination.

Regardless of location, all these fisheries share common characteristics relating to water temperature and underwater terrain, according to the fisheries biologists who study this popular species of gamefish.
While all the aforementioned are likely locations to get thumped by a smallmouth bass — and often — some quality smallmouth fisheries don't fit these mental images. And it just so happens that some waters, particularly those in parts of the southern United States, are home to world-class fishing. Check out the record book.
Most of the IGFA's world line-class records come from the Deep South, notably Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina and Kentucky.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:30 AM

Default RE: smallmouth

thanks