Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I was gonna buy a couple panther martins for trout....

Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I was gonna buy a couple panther martins for trout....

I normally use just roostertails but decided i might try panther martins, alot of guys around here use them and seem to really like them and prefer them over roostertails. Then I saw the MADE IN CHINA big as day on the front of the package (not really something in my opinion a company would want to advertise) I put all 12 back on the rack I had chosen, and grabbed 12 roostertails instead which roostertails are made in the good ol' US of A.

The thing that really erked me the most was the fact that the panther martins are 96 cents more then the roostertails. Its freakin hiway robbery if panther martins are made in china I gaurentee its not costing more then maybe a nickle to manufacture where the roostertails are made in the USA where it may cost a quarter to manufacture it would be more understandable if roostertails were more expensive. IMO opinion panter martins are a rip off and un-American.

At this point I dont think I will ever use a panther martin unless I got one for free. Im not gonna spend a dime on a product from a company that only cares about there pocket book and obviously doesnt give a hoot about the USA.