Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

FLipping with jigs question

Old 04-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default FLipping with jigs question

Hey fellows,
Has anyone had success flipping with jigs. It seems to me if they work it would be more easier to set the hook . I'm talking about the jigs that look like the one in the picture...
Thanks,
Chuck7
I'm going to try and fish jigs and tube baits. Has anyone flipped with tube baits. I bet that would solve my setting the hook problems.
HEY There are still some spawning bass..don't count me out of the race yet.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FLipping with jigs question

I do very little flipping. Pitching on the other hand, I use about every time I hit the water. Usually with a jig and pork trailer. The only time I've ever used tubes is for smallmouths. I find that a jig and pig makes for a much more realistic crawfish than a tube.

I will be testing some white tubes to see how the perform whent he bass key in on shad.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

The bass sized tubes are expensive at Walmart. 2.58 for seven. I got a dark color and they are bass sized. I bought 2 packs and took every rubber worm out of my tackle box. This way I'm forced to give them a real good try. These tubes are about 4 inches long. They should work.I'm fishing them Texas style.
We will see.
C7
Old 04-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Well I tried the tubes tonight. I only had 2 hours to fish.They work..I had 11 hits. I let the hook stick right out of the rubber. Much easier to set the hook. Got one nearly 3 pounds tonight. I put a tiny split shot in front. What happens. The tube floats and slowly fills with water then SLOWLY swims to the bottom.They were coming off the beds busting this baby. Same color too just about.
C7

PS I tried the jig.Don't think so.They need to make a weedless jig with a much lighter weight.No confidence what soever. I have alot of confidence now with th etube baits. But 6 for 2.58 Although 1 lasted me 8 fish.