Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Lake Champlain Boat Trip...

Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lake Champlain Boat Trip...

A buddy of mine is looking to take his family for a boat trip on Lake Champlain for a few days. What ideas would you have for campgrounds, places to go, things to see.

The limit of my knowledge of the lake really ends at Sand bar bridge and mallets bay so any feedback would be helpful.

Cheers,
Old 03-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lake Champlain Boat Trip...

If he is coming by boat from Canada then a stop at Burton Island State Park would work. It is between North Hero and The Georgia shore on the Inland Sea side of the lake. There is a protected marina and camp/ lean to sites for tenting etc. The island is about 280 acres and has bike trails and a beach. They can go by boat to the Sandbar State Park and swim and picnic. Going south a stop at the Burlington waterfront is nice. There are places to dock and it is a short walk to downtown Burlington for shopping and restaurants. The same can be said at Plattsburg NY. There is a camp ground in the back of Willsboro bay on the NY side and some VT state parks in the southern end of the lake. If it isa large boat with sleeping quarters then any of the numerous protected bays would work for a free anchor and swimming. I hope they have good weather.