Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Dose anyone else name there fishing spots.

Old 03-02-2006, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Dose anyone else name there fishing spots.

We only have ponds and strip pits were I'm and they have nicknames but they are the area-wide known names like:

Blue hole {water is blue and crystal clear; strip pit)
Snake run {you will see snakes if you go there the right time of year; strip pit}
Hill Farm {original owners a few generations back; set of ponds}
Long branch {located in the "Long Branch" township...pop. 12 lol; large pond}
Swap pad {This is the only one I can truely call "secret"...and it doesn't even have fish. It is chaulk full of frogs. about 50yard diameter pond whose entire surface will 'dance' when you walk up to with a spot light...many many BIG bull frogs here. Smells like poo too}

Old 03-02-2006, 08:28 PM

Mauser, the only guys I trout fish withare my Dad, Brother and 2good freind and I meanGOOD freinds. We name the spots we fish such weired namesso we can talk about them without people become any wiser to there location. Your not going to find any of these names on a map.

Josh, what the heck ya need one of themnew fangled gps things for. Just wait tell the ice is gone, I will show ya how its done, with no help from them dang electronics . Nice fish to startoff the fun, hope ya get many more, but try not to make anyone look bad.

Old 03-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh, what the heck ya need one of themnew fangled gps things for. Just wait tell the ice is gone, I will show ya how its done, with no help from them dang electronics . Nice fish to startoff the fun, hope ya get many more, but try not to make anyone look bad.
Because the smallest lake I fish is 3600 acres...the largest is well over 200,000

And thanks alot, I cant wait until i get a calm day so i can go sight fish for the hogs i've seen on beds!