Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

ice fishing question

Old 11-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default ice fishing question

I know that you can get tip ups now for only about 10 dollars apeice but I am ona very tight budget and am interested in getting about a dozen of them. Would anyone have some that they do not need anymore and would like to sell. Any help would be a great help. Also i dont check the forum much so if you could send a message through email. thanks
JOE
Old 11-23-2005, 01:17 PM

Default RE: ice fishing question

Tip ups are very simple devices. If you want a lot of them for less, I suggest you buy one to understand the design and then make your own.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ice fishing question

You can try making them but after a bunch of time and all the parts you are still better off purchasing them. I suggest that you check the auction sites. You can probably get them pretty cheap.

Also, be sure to check your local ice fishing laws. In southern wisconsin where I ice fish you are only allowed a total of 3 lines in water per fisherman. I know many friends who have gotten tickets for having a bunch of tip-ups at the same time.