Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Night fishing for bass

Old 08-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Night fishing for bass

I don't know exactly what kind of conditions or water your fishing - but 4-5 lures that really produce for me anyway, would be buzzbaits in white or black w/plastic blade. Try top water poppers with a stop and go technique. Try a Scum Frog in the slop(my favorite from May thru June). Next maybe a spinner bait. Last try a worm w/rattle stuffed in body. Think windy nights on wind blown banks or creeks and possible pre front conditions. Wind and pre front conditions are the 2 biggest things that get me out at night! A full moon can make it a bonanza.

Get em and come back with a Bubba story

Night time is THE best kept secret out there for numbers of bass and the old elusive Bubba's.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Dominant Buck

I am fishing deep phosphate pits in Florida. Twenty feet deep. I will take your word. We have a full moon coming up this weekend. I'll give her a shot.
Chuck

What would you all recommend in 9-20 feet of water?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spinner bait,Crank Bait,drop a 6-8" worm(with rattle) off ledges,rip rap ledges,ANY bridge. I would still keep a buzz bait handy and scum frog for slop if there is any.I would look for where I know or suspect fish come up to feed or chase bait along wind blown banks,creeks,points.Fall downs,rip rap,docks.

I know there out there - I can feel them - smell them. Now you gotta catch em!

Don't make me come down there and catch your fish
Old 08-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Don't make me come down there and catch your fish

Your welcome to try if you like.We have lot's of bass down here.
Chuck
Old 08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always wanted to do some serious Fla Bass fishing(with a guide). Maybe someday.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am fishing deep phosphate pits in Florida
forget everything else you've heard, i'll tell you what to do for those conditions, find the pits bill dance has "leased" i've heard there somewhere around bartow or plant city?when he leaves just go help yourself, can you imagine his private pond at night
Old 08-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I lived pretty close to your state for 22 years. I was raised in the N.E. part of Maryland.
Chuck
Old 08-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Those pits are locked . Bartow is 10 miles from me and Plant City is about 15. His is in Bartow. This is a tough time of the year. I will be ready next spawning season. I had gotten burned out on fishing and didn't start fishing here until th espawn was about over. I will get my trophy next year. MeanwhileI plan to fish top water and spinner baits in the morning and rubber worms later. If I come across 10.00 I'll pick up some shiners.
Chuck
Old 08-19-2005, 09:25 AM

I suggest a yum dinger the ones with yellow glow tip tail because i was fishing a private pond and are ride was late and just after sun down bam i was holding my rod and putting lures away with the other and my rod slammed down long story short 20" 3.5 pounder sweet .
Old 08-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I got a 4.7 last week. However as my man said ..I am looking for double digit bass. I know we have lots here in Florida. I'm going shiner fishing tomorrow. I have a garden pond I keep shiners in. It is suppposed to be the best Sat. in August according to the moon phase charts.
Chuck

PS Notice the picture below. That is a giant phosphate pit. It would take a week to fish the shore line. There is a slot limit.3 fish under 15" and only 1 over 24"

Quick Reply: Night fishing for bass

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.