Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

small large mouth broke pole...

Old 07-18-2005, 06:58 AM

Default small large mouth broke pole...

took family out fishing mid-afternoon, went to our destination just to find it packed, so we went down to lake fairle instead, wife and one of my sons caught a couple, one small mouth and a small bullpout. but overall wasnt that good at all . then went bak to where we were going originaly. on my forth cast i caught a 16" 2lb large mouth, then moments later my 5 yr old caught a turtle, what a rush for him-, my oldest son put a rubber wrm on and cast out into hole in the lilly weeds,( about 10' over a log in water) boom he's fighting like crazy but this fish has no intention of coming in to shore, well it goes under the log and gets 'stuck', so i decided by then to help him out, gave fish a little slack and -bingo- swims out from under log and heads out towrdas lilly pads, well-i bring pole tip up, and strt reeling then --SNAP- spidershaft pole is now in two pieces--[:@]--wasnt worried about pole - fish was still on line--so my wife and my oldest were trying to pull line out of water by hand, i said *#@#* it and just started walking backwards, dragging it out, finally there was this little fish that broke my pole. my oldest was happy that we had his fish out, but very upset over pole breaking, took wife and i about 30 min to convince him that things just happen!! --will have pictures of fish little later. hopefully will be able to post them.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: small large mouth broke pole...

it and just started walking backwards, dragging it out, finally there was this little fish that broke my pole.
Did it have a Big S in its belly lol