Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

HNI Bass Tournament Post Your SmallMouth Pics Here

Old 07-25-2005, 10:19 AM

Default RE: HNI Bass Tournament Post Your SmallMouth Pics Here

Josh you gotta GREAT smallie there and plenty to be proud of. I don't think anyone is callin you a liar (about believing your scale) but spring scales are typically poor choices for accurate measurement. A properly calibrated digital is MUCH more accurate and quite affordable. Based on your parameters and what I have seen/caught at one of THE greatest trophy smallie lakes in the world that is only 1 hour from me (Pickwick) I would put your fish in the upper 5-low 6 range and THAT my friend is a GREAT smallie the likes of which most smallie chasers can only dream about catching in several lifetimes.

A length and girth measurement is all you need likewise for a quality reproduction mount. DONT kill em, there's no need to. A repro lasts a lifetime and you keep such great genes in the lake for future stocks!
RA
Old 07-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cogratulations it's the #2 Small mouth in WV.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said, feel free to tell me what you all think it weighed. I'll change the weight to that. I'm not going to win thousands of dollars in this contest, so I have no problem changing the weight to something you guys can agree with.

Red, thanks, I've fished Pickwick once when I was younger. GREAT lake! Hopefully I'll fish Dale Hollow sometime in the future. I'm truthfully not worried about getting a mount made of a fish I catch. A photo is generally just as nice, since I dont have room on the walls. Plus, those things are god aweful expensive, when its just a few $'s to get a photo blown up. And those Allisons are sweet boats!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Like I said, feel free to tell me what you all think it weighed. I'll change the weight to that. I'm not going to win thousands of dollars in this contest, so I have no problem changing the weight to something you guys can agree with.
I beleave you and that what counts.

Since theres no prizes I have no reason to not beleave you.
Even if you said it was 100 Lbs LoL
Old 08-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Pic of a 3 pound 2 oz which is a typical Champlain smalley.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

My daughter with a 3 1/2 pounder caught right off the dock.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Here is on that is about 4 pounds.It was 20 inches long and all spawned out. It hit a 1/8 oz chartreuse jig with a 4" white Mr. Twister in about 10 feet of water.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice smallies champlain............are you sure they don't go somewhere in the 12-14 pound range. Sure looks like it from here [:-]
Old 08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ROTFLMAO!

all I gotta say bout this thread!
Old 08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Very nice smallies champlain............are you sure they don't go somewhere in the 12-14 pound range. Sure looks like it from here [:-]
most of the fish we catch are between 14 and 21 inches. A 5 pound smallyon this lake is a real monster. There are tons of 18-20 inch fish which are in the 3-4 pound range and are caught every trip. Even the smaller fish are pretty chunky. They look huge because I had to crop the pics to get them to download on the site. if I knew what I was doing on the computer they would be better. I will turn the power down on any further pics so they will fit without cropping

Quick Reply: HNI Bass Tournament Post Your SmallMouth Pics Here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.