Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

G. Loomis or St. Croix? Whats your Pick?

Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default G. Loomis or St. Croix? Whats your Pick?

If both Loomis and St. Croix had the length, power and action you wanted which company would you go with? I think I would lean toward the Loomis, I really like my GL3 walleye rod, but I was wondering what company everyone else prefers.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: G. Loomis or St. Croix? Whats your Pick?

I've never heard of the St.Croix. I don't usually buy the real expensive stuff. I'm a Lightening Rod man. I would buy neither.

I play guitar.Last year I invested in a beautiful one that cost a little over 1000 dollars. It's a beautiful piece of garbage. Horrible action but ...pretty That was an expensive lesson. I love the Lightening Rods. They are also a life time guarantee and fit my budget.

Chuck
Old 06-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Neither! I'm a Falcon rod guy, i feel Falcon rods are as good a quality or better then G loomis and st croix. Falcon rods are also 1/2 the price of the other two.

Chuck7 Lighting rods are excellent rods especially for the money they are half the price of my falcon rods but the quality is pretty close. Before I started using Falcon rods, my favorite rods were the lightning rods, which I still use along side with my falcon rods.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 PM

they make St. Croix right here in wisconsin. pretty much all i use. would love to spend a week's pay on a legend tourney bass rod, but god knows i couldnt do that. Im a St. Croix guy to the death.

slayer
Old 06-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gundigest. Darn you. You are going to make me try a St Croix. I have handled them in several sporting goods stors and really like the feel of them. I have a couple Loomis Rods that I really like. Both are jigging rods for Walleyes. I don't know what the status on them is now but I really like the Berkley Series One rods as well. I bought three of them at a season end sale a couple years ago. A seven foot one piece casting rod, a seven foot Spinning and a six foot jigging rod.. Acouple days ago was the first time I used the six footer. We were throwing number five Shad raps at Devils Lake for Walleye and Northerns. Caught a 4 lb white bass as well. Talk about a fight.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

St croix if i had to pick. I dont care how "high tech" the graphite is, no fishing rod is worth more than $200 with the exception of Kistler Helium LTA rods.. Which I just so happen to have 8 of
Old 06-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now thats one that I have never heard of. Who handles them?
Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kistler is basically a pro shop only rod. The LTA stands for Lighter Than Air, and yes, its true. Bad thing is, they are almost $300 a pop. but if a bass breaths within 5 feet of your lure, u feel it!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

double post
Old 06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Cabelas use to sell those Helium rods, I don't know if they still do.

The main reason for this post was to find out if Loomis or St. Croix was more popular. I bought a GL3 blank and an SCIII blank both are 6'6" medium, fast action rods and I am going to sell them. I was wondering which would sell better because that is what I will use more of in the future.

Quick Reply: G. Loomis or St. Croix? Whats your Pick?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.