Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

hows the bass fishing where you are?

Old 06-01-2005, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default hows the bass fishing where you are?

On sunday 5-29-05, I went after bass in a small mountain lake here in prescott, az. Fishing was good, the spawn is in full motion nearing the end soon. catching some good size male bass in the 2 to 5 lb range, caught 10 bass in 3 hours on a Riverside 7 inch white worm with a wacky worm rig. two of the bass were huge females leaking eggs one weighed 7 lbs 3 oz the other was 6 lbs 14 oz. after weighing them they were immediately returned back to the water otherwise Id have some pictures.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hows the bass fishing where you are?

We are catching alot of smaller schooling bass around 1-2lb with top water plugs and Ive been doing alot of shiner fishing and catching some better bass with those nothing massive yet. And thats all in the lake in my back yard.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RustyOlRanger4x4

We are catching alot of smaller schooling bass around 1-2lb with top water plugs and Ive been doing alot of shiner fishing and catching some better bass with those nothing massive yet. And thats all in the lake in my back yard.
that's how it was when i went sunday. we went to the same place almost a month ago at least and we were catching all kinds of large bass and bluegill but they sure weren't interested this weekend.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm fishing in a managed area. Totally catch and release. Biggest so far is 5.5 .Lots of 2lb bass. I get about 8 in the boat on every outing. In a managed area I'm a little disappointed;especially in Florida. Sounds like you have been doing real good. My spider wire is getting nasty so I bought some 20lb Fireline last night.Looks like good line which I'll try flipping with it.

Chuck
Old 06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sucks........it should improve after a week of warmer weather! Cant wait!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Extreamly slow. It should be getting better.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its been to darn cold up here too. We don't have a lot of LG Mouth bass and the state record is like eight lbs. To short of growing season. They are healthy and scrappy but a four or five pounder will draw a crowd. We have excellent Smallmouth and White bass fishing. The White bass In devils lake often go four lbs. I caught on just a tad over four the day before yesterday. There are bass in some of the stock ponds and one lake over west at a power plant has some good LGmouth in. As in most places Spinner baits and rubber worms will do pretty well.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

It wasn't too hot this past weekend. I caught 5 and finished second in the tournament that I was fishing and I won big bass but I really had to work for them. That particular river system is pretty hard to fish though and the fishing is never REAL good. The weekend before that I went to another one of the local rivers and I wound up catching about 30 in about 5 hours. Most were Kentuckies between 1-2 lbs but I did catch about 8 largemouths but they wern't very big either. The best fishing around here, this time of year is in the rivers.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats to you sir.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

well the spawn is over here guys, Once again I'm not catching fish, i have to figure out the post spawn tactics for bass here in the west, my techniques and tactics i used in the midwest just arent doing it here. any ideas or knowledge about fishing the west would be highly appreciated.

Quick Reply: hows the bass fishing where you are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.