Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

What is your favorite type of fishing?

Old 05-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default What is your favorite type of fishing?

What type of fishing do you like the most and what is you favorite setup to use?

I would have to say Bass fishing with texas rig rubber worms and grubs with my 7' MH fast action casting rod. I have a Cabelas Prodigy on it and I really like it, I would definitely recommend it.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is your favorite type of fishing?

Fly fishing for trout in the streams and ponds of New Hampshire.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

my new found favorite is trolling for bass and panfish in lime pits. that's good fishing. at least on my family's property.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Up here the Walleye is king. I like jigging for Walleyes as well as trolling crankbaits for Walleye and Northern. If the wind it right I enjoy drifting with a Lindy rig or bottom bouncer. I also like casting cranks for Northerns and Smallmouth Bass. We don't have many Lg Mouth this far north and the state record is like eight lbs. Short growing season. No Florida strain Bass up here. I always enjoy fishing for perch as well. Up here though every cast means you might catch a pike. They steal a lot of jigs and cranks if you don't have steel leaders or heavy Mono and that means not many hits from the Walleyes.

I can do most of my fishing with one good jigging rod like a Loomis or Series one and a 6'6" Ugly stik light for throwing cranks. If I am throwing spoons or big cranks for pike then I use a 6'6" MH bait caster with an Abu reel on it. I also love fishing channel cats on the red river of the north. Its one of the best channel cat fisheries in the country. Just channel cats though
Old 05-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I switch from year to year between panfish and bass. Because of the Hunting.Net Tournament and my son's new passion for bass fishing ,I have to say bass fishing.

I like flipping with a short 6' medium action Lightening Rod with 20lb Spider wire on any Quantum baitcasting reel with at least a 5.1 gear ratio. I use a 3/16 ounce bullet sinker with a straight shank #3 Mustad hook with a 6"curly tail red shad. { salty if available} or casting a Tennessee Shad Bomber A crankbait. around points,sandbars and brush piles.

Chuck
Old 05-27-2005, 04:20 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I like pitching plastic to cover for LM bass. I use a 7ft MH Berkley series one rod, Quantum Accurist PT spooled with 17 lb Berkley XT. Zoom baby brush hogs in watermelon candy or a Strike King watermelon bleeding tube.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Channel catfishing!