Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Hornady Light Mags

Old 04-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Default RE: Hornady Light Mags

Thanks Guys
I guess that I will just have to find out for myself because some like them and others don't. Time and money are tighter than I would like. I'm a full time graduate student and work full time. My plan was to buy three boxes of ammo a spend one full day shooting and I wanted to narrow my choices down. I allready have a box of rem cor-loct 130gr. I think I'm going to get
1.federal premiun
2.winchester
3. Hornady light mags.
I will let everyone know what works for me. I also have a new inline that I have to work up a load for. Its going to be a long day at the range. Thanks again guys.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:37 PM

Schoolboy
If you have that one box, then buy the first 2 mentioned, and skip the light mags for right now. ANd then when you get to the range if you spy someone with ammo of something different, go over and start a chat. Ask to buy 3 rounds just to see. You may get them free but I'd happily help my neighbor out to test other ammo any day. And worst case the 3 rounds shouldn't be much over 3 bucks anyway.

Its a pretty friendly world with shooters, at least the ones I know, and most will help. It'll save you some money.

Now once upon a time I thought there was someone coming up with a sample pack deal of 5 of each blabla bla..... don't recall anymore than that though.

Best, Jeff
Old 04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should skip the light mags and get the regular hornady customs. My experience has been very favorable with them.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a sneaking suspicion the lowly core lokts are gonna group the best Funny how they do that in so many guns..lol. I dont use em myself for hunting but they group good in every gun I have.