Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Please read before you buy a CZ

Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Please read before you buy a CZ

I bought a CZ 550 American(.30-06) 6 weeks ago,nice gun,well made,and it shoots very good.My complaint is with the customer service,or lack of,that I have experianced.
When I recieved the gun,it had a small dent in the stock,which was caused by the way the gun was package.The bolt was rubbing against the stock during shipping.
I called CZ,and talked to "CJ",he told me they knew of the shipping problem(which they fixed)and that he would send out a new stock and I would send my old one back.He never did what he said he'd do-no stock after 3 weeks of waiting.My next call,I moved up the food chain and talked to Mike Eagleshield.Mr.Eagleshield was nothing but nasty on the phone,basically told me that I could go"pi$$ up a rope",and accused me of being "too picky".Then he told me that they would replace the stock,but I'd have to send the whole gun back and it would be "at least"2-3 months before I'd get the gun back.The gun shop that I bought it from called CZ,and got the same from Eagleshield again-he would'nt send a new stock to the dealer,either.
I've E-Mailed CZ,and Eaglesheild,with my daytime phone numbers,and voiced my complaints,but to no avail.They seem not to have the common courtesy to reply.
I don't think I would of been treated this way by Remington,Winchester,or Ruger,which I will keep in mind when I purchase my next rifle...Bob
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 AM

Default RE: Please read before you buy a CZ

Apparently CZ has a real problem with their customer service. I read a similar post
on another forum/website, and the problem also involved Mr. Mike Eagleshield at CZ.
In that case I think the gun owner kind of messed up (failed to report the problem within
the warranty period though it was known from the time he acquired the rifle). But, he
too noted the poor attitude of Mr. Eagleshield.
Guess if someone is set on buying a CZ they're just gonna' have to look it over real carefully before taking possession, and hope/pray that nothing goes wrong during the
warranty period.
Funny, I've never heard of Remington, Ruger, Winchester, or Savage telling someone to
basically "stick it" cause the warranty "ran out". Same with Leupold, Weaver, etc.
Lesson: Buy American!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why dont you e-mail the outlife network such as sighting in, shooting callary or rifleman C.Z spends alot of money with them, see if they will talk to that lady? pres. of C.Z and tell her what a ass this guy is. might help
Old 03-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Tresstand I have been in that situation before, that's why I buy AMERICAN MADE.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are selling 10x as many guns as they were just a few years ago. Happens to the best of them high production rates low quality. Interestingly enough CZ's are not as highly regarded in Europe as they are here. Lets see I bought my .22lr CZ about 2 years ago and it is first rate quality, based on this post hope nothing happens to it.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's unfortunate that some companies employ people like that. He's probably a product of inadequate supervision, because if his boss knew how he treated customers he'd probably be out of a job. Maybe it's time to call and insist on speaking to his boss. That might strike the fear of God into him. If not, cut your losses, send the rifle back for a new stock, and (if it were me) trade the rifle in for a Tikka.

Mike
Old 03-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow thats totally opposite of my friends experience with their customer service, My friend bought a CZ P40 with fixed sights. the problem he had, the pistol shot really low with every load he fed the gun. He called CZ to ask them if maybe the gun was defected, CZ said it was a common problem and to fix it he needed a shorter front sight. They sent him the sight free of charge.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:56 PM

But that's a sight, not a whole stock. Perhaps the question is whether or not size matters?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Ditto,

I can't speak for Remington or Winchester's customer service. I do know T/C,Knight and Ruger are tops in their Customer service.I wasn't real impressed with Browning's the couple of times I contacted them.Browning did do the repairs in a timely manor with no questions asked.On second thought maybe it wasn't that timely. About two months to change the scope mounting insert on a BAR Stalker's receiver.

Guess I'll stick with Ruger.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-25-2005, 02:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Ditto,

I can't speak for Remington or Winchester's customer service. I do know T/C,Knight and Ruger are tops in their Customer service.I wasn't real impressed with Browning's the couple of times I contacted them.Browning did do the repairs in a timely manor with no questions asked.On second thought maybe it wasn't that timely. About two months to change the scope mounting insert on a BAR Stalker's receiver.

Guess I'll stick with Ruger.

Ruger Redhawk

well brownings arent made in the USA.......... older ones were made in belgium and now they are made in frickin japan.

Quick Reply: Please read before you buy a CZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.