Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

300 win mag face-off

Old 03-18-2005, 10:23 AM

Default RE: 300 win mag face-off

I'm a Remington fan. $ for $, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better rifle. The triggers are terrific and easy to adjust (or have adjusted) and I've never owned a bad Remington. Like everyone has said, find the rifle that fits YOU the best. As far as the .300 goes, it's a great do everything round. Good Luck
Old 03-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have one of each a Ruger m-77 mk 2 sporter in 300 win.mag and A Remington 700 BDL SS in 7mm rem. mag my personal favorite is the Ruger because they come with rings the bases are integral [less screws to come loose] they have controlled round feeding and they are really cool looking imo . they both have nasty triggers but the Ruger is 125.00 --150.00 cheaper around here they are both high quality rifles I just prefer Ruger's I hope this helps chad
Old 03-18-2005, 06:10 PM

Another CRF, 3 postion safety gun to consider is CZ. They have a reputation for well made rifles at a competive price.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:02 PM

WOW i was kinda suprised winchester never was mentioned. I really like winchester fire arms myself that is something to look at. THey are great reliable guns with adjustabe triggers out of the box.
I can not believe someone suggested you buy a Savage. You could not give me one of them.
Also look at weatherby great guns but more expensive.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can not believe someone suggested you buy a Savage. You could not give me one of them.
Why? Have you ever shot one? Not too pretty to look at, but well put together and really darn accurate for the price. I have yet to see a Savage that didn't shoot well.

I, for one, wouldn't buy a Weatherby MkV (price vs. value). I'd buy the Vanguard, though. If I wanted to dump that kind of cash ($1200) on a rifle, it'd be a Sako I'd walk out of the store with. Now that's a nice rifle.

Mike
Old 03-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL I guess to each his own..but I havent seen a Savage yet that wasnt a good shooter.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Ya know most custom rifles are built on remington actions, kinda says something. I only buy remington rifles except for my AR-15. I have the exact rifle you asked about the 700 LSS in 300 Win. I like the gun especially the stock, shoots OK. I like the feel of remington and it fits better than any others, still working on a load so the best group I've got is 2 inch at 100 yards, once I deceide on a bullet I'll work on accuricy, my 308. ADL shoots on top of each other so I will have it shooting.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:40 PM

Wow, guess everyone has his/her favorites and will stick with them till the end, that's cool though. Thanks for all the info and advice! I am going to get the Remington this week, too hard to pass up this deal! Let me know what you work up for your rifle crimedog as I will be into the reloading scene as well. Started reloading when I was about ten with my parents, but it's been a few years since i've done it but still have all the gear except dies. Looking at the RCBS X-dies for this round (die-hard RCBS fan...nothing but good luck with their equipment to this point) Thanks Again!
Para_packer
Old 03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

Been using 77.1 RL-22 with a 165 Nosler B-Tip but not happy with bullet performance or accuracy. Although pricey I plan on trying swift scirraco, barnes, and trophy bonded, anything as long as it's in 165-168 Grains.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Look at the Weatherby Vanguard in 300 or a new Savage with the Accu-trigger. The Vanguard will be under $400 and comes with an accuracy guarantee. I think the Vanguard is better than the Remington. If you can stand the look of the Savage they are great. The trigger is easily adjustable and they are known for there accuracy. Also, the Savage's with composite stocks com with dual pillar bedding. THis is a nice attribute for a rifle that aides in enhancing accuracy.

Quick Reply: 300 win mag face-off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.