Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

High Capacity Mags ???

Old 02-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: High Capacity Mags ???

ORIGINAL: Charley

whats the dif. between a clip and a mag???
A magazine is a storage and feeding device for cartridges. Generally made up of a body, a spring, and a follower. A clip is generally recognized as a spring metal device that holds several cartridges together, to allow them to be placed in a magazine. For instance military Mauser rifles (and derivatives, like the US 1903 and 1917) have five round magazines in the receiver. A clip, also known as a stripper, stripper clip, or charger, aloows fast, efficient loading of the magazine. The US M1 Garand uses a clip to hold eight cartridges together, and allows them to be inserted into the magazine.

That's what I was taught also, Charley.

But....ahhhhh....A clip holds a Roach and a magazine you Read....
Old 03-22-2005, 07:31 PM

Default RE: High Capacity Mags ???

Check out the EAGLE 30 round mags, I have seen them for around $20, they work great. Get them when you can....