Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

What Semi-auto .22 to buy?

Old 01-17-2005, 07:23 PM

Default RE: What Semi-auto .22 to buy?

I have a Marlin 60...its a great little rifle. Had never cleaned it until recently. One thing I noticed is be careful with Gun Scrubber. The stuff will melt the plastic trigger card...not melt it away, but definitely softened the plastic for a few minutes. I had to pick some rag lint out that had stuck to the softened plastic.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:18 PM

Well, I've been shooting a M60 all my life, and cant find anything bad to say about it. Have no expereince with the Rugers, but I'm betting my money on the M60, its just a good shooting iron
Old 01-28-2005, 07:09 AM

I own 2 Marlin 60's & 3 Ruger 10/22's, one of which I just bought two weeks ago in 22 magnum. I will have to agree with Ruger Redhawk on the Marlin's jamming. Both of my Marlin's have jammed on me at some point but that doesn't mean I don't like them. They are both very accurate and they happen to like some brand of 22's better than others but they have jammed up before for whatever reason. None of my Ruger 10/22's have ever jammed on me and they are very accurate but I couldn't say they are any more accurate than my Marlins. I guess jamming is just the nature of the beast with semi-autos; some more than others and some just a matter of time. There are also several other brand of semi's in 22 that are on the market, too. My son-in-law just bought a 22 semi-auto from Wally World for around a hundred bucks made by Mossberg. It is a little short for my taste but it sure seems to shoot well and no jamming yet. So I guess it will just come down to your personal taste and wallet size although neither the Marlin nor Ruger will break you.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know Red Allison will have a comment about Wal*marts.Anyway Ruger is making a special Ruger 10/22 for them.I've never seen it anywhere else so it must be a WM special. It's a S/S with a 22"barrel.Has a nice looking checkered stock. Unfortunately it's not Walnut but a Walnut colored birchwood stock.208.00 the last one I saw. In fact the last one I saw happened to come home with me.

Someone mentioned the 40th Anniversary 10/22. They were only being made in 2004 so production for them has stopped.They are the standard 10/22 with the silver medallion embedded in the stock. They come with a standard black 10 round rotary magazine plus a special 40th Anniv.clear 10 round magazine.Nice little rifle with a little collectors interest.The box is marked with the 40th Anniv logo.There are still plenty of them floating around.Now is the time to get one if you want one while they are still available.If you want it for a shooter, I can't see buying one.More of a interest for Ruger collector's.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

never owned a .22 in my life but shot many. i would get the ruger 10/22 out of the remington marlin and winchester 22's i have shot. i am very partial to remington but the ruger is just an all around sweet gun. shot one for the first time last week. all day i didnt want to let go of it. really felt good to me.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:23 AM

I have owned the Rugers also and they are a great 22 but my favorite is the Winchester Model 63 I think it was the best 22 I've ever seen I have thousands of rounds through one. They started to make them again a few years ago I don't know if they still are or not but I think it is the best.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:36 PM

Well i will jump on here and for what it's worth say the ruger 10/22.
you can do sooooooo many things to these. and they come in alot of many variations from the factory.
buy one you won't regret it!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right now I'm using a sweet little Browning .22 (take-down) and it's deadly on grouse and rabbits out to about 50 yards.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:19 AM

10/22
Old 02-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KonaBoy

Right now I'm using a sweet little Browning .22 (take-down) and it's deadly on grouse and rabbits out to about 50 yards.
Yes they are sweet. So is the price of them.For the money you can't beat the 10/22.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: What Semi-auto .22 to buy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.