Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Raptor Boltaction Rifle???

Old 01-11-2005, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Raptor Boltaction Rifle???

I was looking through the 2005 gundigest and I saw a Raptor rifle for only about $250 gundigest price. It even has an adjustible triger. I was wondering if anyone knew if they were any good or not? I don't know of anyone who has owned one.

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Raptor Boltaction Rifle???

Here is a link to a artical on a test of the Raptor.
I saw a artical on the rifle 1-2 years ago but it was never released them.
In the artical the auther said the first thing he did was clean out the metal chips from the action .
The whole action and bolt handle is cast . With casting lines .
Sounds a bit rough but he said it shot "good" .
Have to see it
Old 01-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for that article.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any links to some pictures?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:54 PM

If I'm not mistaken, this is the rifle that has become the Mossberg 100 ATF rifle that Wal-Mart is now selling for about $250.

(http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492)
Old 01-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've never heard of this rifle but if this is the rifle that is marketed by Mossberg at Wal Mart stores............. I'd rather have a Remington 710.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Bulls ,if you don't like guns Walmart sells then you should not like the 710 .
Every Waly world has them . My guss they sell more 710's than any one else
Old 01-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never said that I didn't like the guns that Walmart sold. They sell Remington, Howa, Browning, Mossberg, Benelli, Winchester, Ruger, NEF, and others. All of which make quality firearms.

What I said was.......... I would rather have a Remington 710 than this gun if the raptor is the same Mossberg rifle that Walmart sells. I do not like the Remington 710 at all but it is better than this Mossberg. If only by a small margin.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:33 AM

A friend of mine has one of those rifles. Honest option don't buy it. Yeah it is cheap. The problem he is having it likes to jam. It does not feed properly. He had brought it in my shop with that problem. I ended up reaming out the chamber, it was extremely rough. I can get it to feed better now. But you have to take your time when chamering another round. Choice in between the raptor and Rem 710 neither one. Both those guns make good boat anchors.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:35 AM

I have a Raptor Arms in .270 cal. It is stainless synthetic. I bought mine for only $100.00. I bought it used from a guy at work. He said that he shot less than a box of shells through it. I asked him why he wanted to sell it? He said that he and his brother each had bought one because the price was too good to pass up. Then after owning it for 3 years and not shooting it, decided to sell it. It shoots very well. It has an ER Shaw barrel on it. The stock is nothing fancy. The receiver and bolt are cast. It is a little on the rough side. For a beat around gun, that you don't care how bad you abuse, it is certainly a fine gun. The trigger is adjustable, but leaves a lot to be desired. But, what do you expect? If you want 500 dollar performance, then spend $500.00! I applied some lapping compound to the bolt lugs and sat and watched some tv one night and just worked the bolt back and forth the whole time. I'm sure I would have looked like a looney to anyone who might have seen me, but it smoothed out the action pretty good. It will shoot under one inch at 100 yards. I'm not saying go out and buy one. And I'm not singing it's praises here. I'm just saying that for what I paid, it is a pretty good gun. Oh, and it came with a nice set of leupold rings and bases to boot. I put a Tasco scope on it and it's good to go.

Quick Reply: Raptor Boltaction Rifle???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.