Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

BLR how are they?

Old 12-31-2004, 09:03 PM

Default BLR how are they?

I would like to know peoples opinion of the Browning BLR. I am thinking about one in 300 wsm.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BLR how are they?

From what I have seen if you aren't looking for a tack driver they will work fine .
Old 01-01-2005, 08:44 AM

no I'm not capable of driving tacks so my rifle won't need to either. I want an easy carrying quick pointing elk rifle.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a big guy, but my 81 was too long of pull for me, especially with hunting clothes on. If it fits you, you will like it.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a BLR in 308 this past June and used is exclusively this past firearms season. I was fortunate enough to take 2 deer with it.

I'm not a tackdriver either, and therefore could careless if my rifles shoot MOA. Seldom do I shoot beyond 100 yds. As far as accuracy though, my rifle will shoot 1-1/2" groups at 100 yds from a sandbag with both Rem and Win factory ammo.

I found the gun to balance and point extremely well. The trigger was great. And it was a real joy to carry. The recoil pads are also very good.

My BLR is now my favorite rifle.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:00 PM

A BLR in 300WSM is on my list of "must haves" for the new year. Especially the new for 05 "pistol grip" version of the BLR that will be available. Until now I havent bought a BLR for the fact that I hate a straight or "upland style" stock. But thats all changed now.

Dont count them out accuracy wise either. They will routinely shoot in the 1"-2" @ 100yds range. Thats MORE than enough for a big game rifle that is gonna be kept inside of 500yds,
RA
Old 01-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the BLR on my wish list also in 270 WSM,from the guys that had them they say they work well.