Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Bushnell 3200 First Impressions

Old 12-16-2004, 09:50 AM
bigcountry

Default Bushnell 3200 First Impressions

Well, got a bushnell Elite 3200 3-9X40. It sat on my porch all yesterday in 25 degrees and I brought it in. I had some fogging going on. But cleared up in 10 min or so. Its a tough test I rarely see pass. I know it should be the other way around, warm house, go out side in cold weather. Very clear lenses, but a bit of back reflection going on the Eye piece. You know glare. Means the index matching of the coatings are not perfect ot air. Meaning its not totally transmission error free. I don't see this with my Leupolds or new Zeiss picked up. And the heaviest scope I ever held in a 3-9X40. Kinda surprising. Its supposed to be 13oz, same as a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10X40, but I wieghted it and more like 15. Maybe scale off. Who knows. But all in all, best quality scope for 200 dollars I have seen. Can't wait to really evaluate it.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bushnell 3200 First Impressions

Only problem I can see is that 3200 has that obsolete 1piece scope tube construction
Old 12-16-2004, 11:03 AM

BC Which scopes passed your test? I have done the same tests but in real life situations and not on purpose, I hate walking outside and the scope fogs on me. I have some that are not as bad as others, but none pass. I am talking big names here like Leupold, Ziess, Nikon, Redfield (olderr US made model), and Burris. Thanks for the good info.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:25 AM
bigcountry

Well, half the loopys have passed.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:43 AM

I'd like to buy one, what model should I look for? Thanks.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

When you say fog just externally I hope? Just about any scope I have used fogs in certain situations. I understand the Bushnell Rainguard works well against this but the scopes are too long and heavy and don't have a lot of eye relief in case of larger mags.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:46 PM

Yes, only fog on the outside. If I had a scope that fogged on the inside it would be on it's way back to the manufacturer or the trash can. If we can send a man to the moon, why can't we stop the fog on scope lenses?
Old 12-16-2004, 01:36 PM
bigcountry

yea, it was external on the bushnell. I have to admit, they have came quite aways with this scope. I wouldn't mind to have it at all on my 308's, 270's etc. But I want that extra .6" on my RUM's, win mags, etc.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well unless I am mistaken the Rainguard feature does away with fogging or minimizes it.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hate walking outside and the scope fogs on me.
Well I guess as this should not happen with an anti fog lens. I currently have Bushnell Elites, Zeiss Conquests, Leupold Vari x III's topping my most used rifles of which none fog when going from warm to cold but will vice versa. In fact I have some el cheapo scopes as well who will not fog in this manner.

Rainguard IME acts exactly the same way as my other scopes if you have a colder lens surface than the ambient temperature it will result in fogging of some sort in most cases.

Elite does pretty well and as mentioned has shortsides to it but as a decent scope in features and value it still ranks up their IMHO.

Quick Reply: Bushnell 3200 First Impressions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.