Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Model 700 Mountain Rifle LSS ??

Old 03-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Model 700 Mountain Rifle LSS ??

3 months later......... I love mine. It has a good fit & feel. The only down side is the thin barrel. I'm now a believer in cutting weigh anywhere but the barrel.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: jdreddish

3 months later......... I love mine. It has a good fit & feel. The only down side is the thin barrel. I'm now a believer in cutting weigh anywhere but the barrel.
Jdreddish

What caliber did you get it in? Other than you guys talking about the 270 loads, I didn't see where you had said anything about which caliber.

I've got a BAR in 30-06, but have been toying with the idea of a 7mm-08 stainless laminated; however, I would want at least a 24" barrel if not a 26".

The Mountian LSS is Stainless & Laminated but 22" barrel. The SPS Stainless has 24" barrel but no Laminated stock. Also looking at the Sako 75 Grey Wolf, which would have a little more weight to it, but barrel length is still just 22 7/16.

Maybe I shouldn't be so hung up on barrel length?

Maybe I should just stick with my BAR?

firstshot
---------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 03-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

whats wrong with the light contour barrel, i mean what problems have you had with it?? if its accuracy related the mountian rifle was never intended to be a 600 meter benchrest rifle LOL
they are intended to be 350 yard light weight hunting rifle, with a mountain rifle 1 inch groups at 100 yards are more then acceptable. if you wanted better accuracy then the mountian rifle was not the right choice for you.