Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Need some help pals

Old 11-18-2004, 05:08 PM

Default RE: Need some help pals

Drifty......I honestly can't remember what type mauser it was...I do know it didn't have a steel buttplate, because I've never owned a rifle with a steel buttplate, as I recall it was black plastic, but it could have been an add-on, or non-original...it was a bolt action, magazine fed rifle, there was a built-in magazine with a hinged bottom plate, as I recall, and it had ramping rear sights(similar to SKS or AK-47 rifles). I believe it held four in the magazine. Does that help? My Browning A-bolt 30-06 packed a wollop, but nothing like that 7MM...to be fair, it could have been the bullets I was shooting through it, and I really don't remember enough to be very accurate about it...it was a very straight shooting gun though.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:59 AM

Default RE: Need some help pals

I was wondering about that too, I just finished sighting in my 7x57 (mauser) and it doesnt kick as hard as my 308 model seven, and that doesn't kick hard to begin with. One of the reasons I bought the 7mm mauser was for the light recoil..........but it is a tack driver!! Placement is more important than power.....