Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

rem 870 express

Old 09-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rem 870 express

I don't know that you can spend $250.00 any better! There's not another shotgun I would rather have in a duck blind!

I've put mine through hell with duck hunting in marshes from tromping everywhere and the occasional fall and still have not had a single problem with it! All I do is spray it down with WD-40 and give it a quick wipe down after a hunt and I don't have any rust on mine at all!

In my opinion, if you hunt ducks, this is the gun to have. That way you aren't worried about the gun and you can focus on shooting ducks. I have other shotguns that I wouldn't dare bring to the marsh because I would be worried about scratching it or getting it wet inside of the receiver...etc.

Also is a great turkey gun! Really puts the hurtin' on turkeys!!!

Get one and never look back! You'll be glad you did!
Old 10-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Spike

i own 2 870's and several bbls i can't think of a better gun it will kill turkeys and deer swap bbls and kill ducks,geese,woodcock and partridge, squirels ,rabbits, phesants and prolly make a great gun for bear and other larger game where range is not an issue
Old 11-03-2004, 09:12 AM

I just bought one it was a combo with the 28 inch shotgun barrel and a 26 inch rifled slug barrel for 309 at dicks after rebates. This gun is extreemly sweet and you cant beat the price I plan to go shoot some furry animals with it this weekend.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

all i shoot is remington, the 870 is such a great gun.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:10 AM

Did you buy one yet? Don't hesitate... Everyone should have one. Mine has never failed me...although I've shortshucked once or twice while jumpshooting the river and 400 ducks got up. Too excited. Use mine as a gun mostly but used it as a paddle when the gas line froze more than once. Dropped it in the mud, water, sand but the worst was when I dropped it in my buddies hands to borrow. He brought it back in the case and when I opened it ....RUST! That bast@#%. Oh well, its just an 870. Who cares? didn't make it less lethal on Turkeys ,Ducks, Geese, Coyotes, Rabbits, Dove, or anything else that has crossed its path.
YA CAN"T GO WRONG!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

We've got 3 (me, my son and daughter). By no means pretty, they've been totally reliable. I've read various accounts of problems with rust appearing, but we haven't had any problems with that on ours, although we haven't hunted in any seriously bad weather. Just deer hunting and some snow goose hunting.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

The REm 870 is an AWFUL gun! I rarely shoot a shotgun, but when I took my new 870 out for my first and only skeet shooting experience it only hit 7 out of 25 clay pigeons. I think that is very poor for a modern fire arm!

Just joking (about the shotgun, which is fine, NOT joking about my miserable shooting!!!).

All I have heard is positive evaluations of the Remington 870. My limited experience with my Remington 870 Synthetic Express has been nothing but positive. I'm sure you'll love your 870, and the price is really hard to beat!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:27 PM

I don't own one, but know several people that do and have shot a few of them. I also looked at them pretty hard a few years ago when I was looking to get a new shotgun. I was looking for a turkey gun, but wanted something more well rounded incase I wanted to use it for other things as well, So a pure turkey gun was really not what I wanted. I thought I wanted a 3 1/2 inch magnum, because that is what you use for turkey right? Until I shot a buddies Remington special purpose turkey gun with 3 1/2" turkey loads. I'm glad he let me shoot it. I am sure it puts the smack down on turkeys, but was WAAAY to much gun for me. I only weigh around 120 lbs and stand 5'3" tall. It was quite amusing watching me shoot it from what I am told. I decided to stick with a regular 12 or 20 gauge instead.

I looked at several, 870 express, some brownings, some wingmasters and mossbergs. I decided to go with a mossberg 500 youth model 12 gauge, only because it offered more options that I wanted for the same or less money, and it fits me better. I looked hard at the 870 express though, it was a bit smoother than the Mossberg and was only a few dollars more. Like I said I went with the mossberg because it fit me better and it comes standard with a ported barrel and 3 chokes and was the only 12 gauge youth model I think. I really liked the browning and the wingmaster, but they were just too pretty to take hunting.

My point to all this is I really enjoy my Mossberg and have had zero problems with it, I can say the same for those that I know of that own them as well. Since the 870 express is as good or better and is about the same money I am sure they are really fine shotguns, I wouldn't hesitate to get one if that is what I wanted. I don't know any one that has ever had a problem with one, and just about every one owns one!

I also looked at a benneli Nova, I didn't care for that much at all. I am sure they are nice weapons, I just didn't like it. I didn't like the way it felt, or looked, and the foregrip rattled like a 10 year old mossberg (mine doesn't rattle at all by the way regardless of what people say). That nova sure did pump smooth though, then again so did the wingmaster.

If you like the 870 get it! I don't think you will be dissapointed, they are a truely good gun for the money.

Paul
Old 11-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 870 epress super mag. 3 1/2 inch. I love it!!! I put a buck kicker choke tube on it and it patterns awsome!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

ive got mine and have hunted with it for years and love it.......my uncle has not cleaned his for about 10 years.........not joking....and it fires everytime get it youll love it plus many mods for it if you like dressing it up or making a ccc gun

Quick Reply: rem 870 express

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.